Sponsored by:

New REDLINE Rollbar for 996s

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:12 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey John,
Just for the record, Kurt is Chief of Tech for Potomac PCA, a working engineer, and a master track car fabricator. He has tubed and caged cars from the ground up, and re-engineered quite a few flawed bars and cages, usually making them both lighter and stronger.
His welding is as close to perfect as anything you will see outside of the aerospace business. There's a lot of skill and expertise behind what he says. Just a heads up, OK?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super!

Thanks Tony. Then he should know what I am talking about. I like talking to people that know what I am talking about.

In other words, having done this stuff before, he knows that there are always compromises involved. Picking the right ones separates the artists from the hackers. When you get down to a specific model car, and a specific build criteria, it can be incredibly limiting, and the compromises therefore tend to get bigger... and harder to swallow in terms of what one would consider ultimate rendition.

If he has tried doing anything for a 996, he will know that the architecture does not lend itself to this sort of a piece. Taken from that perspective, and within the design brief, what seem like unreasonable features start to make more sense.

Last edited by RedlineMan; 04-15-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: New REDLINE Rollbar for 996s