Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Some good news from Mid-O and OVR.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1195418-some-good-news-from-mid-o-and-ovr.html)

dgrobs 06-06-2020 07:34 AM

Met the Rennlist crew yesterday, all except for PGas32.

Scott 1 and Scott 2, and KOAN, really nice meeting you guys.

GBuff, good seeing you again. Man do you get that Mini around the track fast. Damn dude, you got it going on in that little thing.

PGas, where are you paddocked?

Happy hour today guys? Scotch and cigars when track goes cold?

I'll see you all this morning and we can set something up.

PGas, we're in the middle paddock, if you're looking at the track, we're on the right. Look for a 981S disguised as a bumble bee.

See you guys at the drivers meeting.....LOL.

BTW, I will put up a full trip report Monday. This DE is being run under C-19 protocols and everything is going off as planned. Great job by the OVR crew and the Mid-O crew.

Kinda weird, but it's almost like Covid-19 didn't really hit this part of Ohio.

This weekend is the textbook way to run a "safe" DE with social distancing.

PGas, find us or check in here. I'll pop back in at lunch.

scott40 06-07-2020 10:30 PM

Thanks to the OVR guys for putting on a great event with 3 days of sun! Great to meet everyone!

PGas32 06-08-2020 12:50 AM

Just got home, what a great weekend and I got to meet some (but not all) of the Rennlisters there. Thanks to OVR for putting this on and ordering up the perfect weather today!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...fbc95154da.jpg

dgrobs 06-08-2020 10:01 AM

PGas, thanks for the little cat and mouse action. You drive that Spec Boxster like a champ. Nice meeting you. Funny that we were paddocked about 20 feet apart and didn't know it until Saturday.

Had tons of fun with everyone this weekend.

Had a big smile on my face the whole 7 hour tow home last night. Just a great 3 days with everyone.

A BIG thank you to Jeff, Betsy, and the rest of the OVR crew for providing us with such a wonderful outlet to get the jones out. Thanks for having us.

Great weather (maybe a bit to warm on Friday), but what a stellar 3 days.

Got to meet all the Rennlisters there and it was great to put faces with the names. What a great crew.

See you all soon hopefully.

Thanks again OVR folks. You did a great job.

The courtesy and respect on track was awesome. Lots of love (which I honestly did not expect with all the pent up demand).

Everyone was quick with the point by's and lifts before the next corner, the non-aggressiveness of everyone, and just the overall climate of a great group running on a great track made the 3 days about as perfect as they could be.

Be well all, and we'll see ya at a track somewhere soon. Great time this weekend.

Again, a BIG thank you to the OVR folks who made it all possible. Still smiling this morning just thinking about the weekend....

gbuff 06-08-2020 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 16686770)
PGas, thanks for the little cat and mouse action. You drive that Spec Boxster like a champ. Nice meeting you. Funny that we were paddocked about 20 feet apart and didn't know it until Saturday.

Had tons of fun with everyone this weekend.

Had a big smile on my face the whole 7 hour tow home last night. Just a great 3 days with everyone.

A BIG thank you to Jeff, Betsy, and the rest of the OVR crew for providing us with such a wonderful outlet to get the jones out. Thanks for having us.

Great weather (maybe a bit to warm on Friday), but what a stellar 3 days.

Got to meet all the Rennlisters there and it was great to put faces with the names. What a great crew.

See you all soon hopefully.

Thanks again OVR folks. You did a great job.

The courtesy and respect on track was awesome. Lots of love (which I honestly did not expect with all the pent up demand).

Everyone was quick with the point by's and lifts before the next corner, the non-aggressiveness of everyone, and just the overall climate of a great group running on a great track made the 3 days about as perfect as they could be.

Be well all, and we'll see ya at a track somewhere soon. Great time this weekend.

Again, a BIG thank you to the OVR folks who made it all possible. Still smiling this morning just thinking about the weekend....

Yeah, this was really something else.

Dgrobs, great as always, I can see why you prefer the bumblebee to the green machine--I saw a bit more of you out there this time and you're really mastering it. You and your two buds looked mighty fast out there.

Scott (SWK6Cup)--great to talk to you--you and our mutual friend ELange0322 are two peas in a pod a/f/a being fantastic people (and really good drivers too :D)

Pgas, didn't get to meet you but saw you out there quite a bit and hope I didn't hold you up too much--race on, man! :thumbup: One time you, Bruce and I went into T1 all together and came out smiling (at least I did :p)

Scott40, your car is ridiculous in both beauty and pace, and it ain't driving itself either--wow! It lit up my mirrors every time I saw it and my left arm automatically came out!

Echo Bruce in saying how relaxed it all was (except when my l/f wheel kept loosening up :eek:) in large part b/c everybody behaved like the advanced drivers we're supposed to be--add in 3 days of stupendous weather and there you go.

Big thanks to all the organizers especially Jeff and old friend Gary (whose selling a nice early 911 race car btw--shameless plug)--great stuff all round.

Back there next weekend and it'll be a tall order to match this event....

dgrobs 06-08-2020 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 16686923)
Yeah, this was really something else.

Dgrobs, great as always, I can see why you prefer the bumblebee to the green machine--I saw a bit more of you out there this time and you're really mastering it. You and your two buds looked mighty fast out there.

Scott (SWK6Cup)--great to talk to you--you and our mutual friend ELange0322 are two peas in a pod a/f/a being fantastic people (and really good drivers too :D)

Pgas, didn't get to meet you but saw you out there quite a bit and hope I didn't hold you up too much--race on, man! :thumbup: One time you, Bruce and I went into T1 all together and came out smiling (at least I did :p)

Scott40, your car is ridiculous in both beauty and pace, and it ain't driving itself either--wow! It lit up my mirrors every time I saw it and my left arm automatically came out!

Echo Bruce in saying how relaxed it all was (except when my l/f wheel kept loosening up :eek:) in large part b/c everybody behaved like the advanced drivers we're supposed to be--add in 3 days of stupendous weather and there you go.

Big thanks to all the organizers especially Jeff and old friend Gary (whose selling a nice early 911 race car btw--shameless plug)--great stuff all round.

Back there next weekend and it'll be a tall order to match this event....

LOL... if I only had a dollar for every time you said "sorry if I held you up" all weekend long.

Yeah, that Clubsport. Wow!!!

G, I looked for you before I left yesterday to say goodbye, but you and your car were not in the garage. (BTW, some of our Niagara buddies are heading back there next weekend as well.)

So tempting......

PGas32 06-08-2020 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 16686923)
Y

I have some video I'll post up in a bit - and no, you didn't hold me up one bit!

gbuff 06-08-2020 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by PGas32 (Post 16687133)
I have some video I'll post up in a bit - and no, you didn't hold me up one bit!

Good, I'm glad--it's pretty awesome being in a group like that with so many amazing cars being driven so well

Which reminds me that I forgot KOAN, who was easily one of the fastest and most courteous drivers I saw. That #912 was just rippin' :thumbup:

dgrobs 06-08-2020 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 16687159)
Which reminds me that I forgot KOAN, who was easily one of the fastest and most courteous drivers I saw. That #912 was just rippin' :thumbup:

KOAN was using a very "special" motor oil this weekend.....

gbuff 06-08-2020 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 16686935)

G, I looked for you before I left yesterday to say goodbye, but you and your car were not in the garage. (BTW, some of our Niagara buddies are heading back there next weekend as well.)

So tempting......

Yeah, I bagged the last run after having to pit for the lugs twice in the previous run, which is why I saw you twice :p

As I told you, it's a good group that doesn't tolerate much goofiness out there; I think it's 5 runs/day for each of the two days so you won't lack for track time.

Just dropped off 5 of my 6 tires to be flipped/replaced; I must be slacking.....

gbuff 06-08-2020 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 16687161)
KOAN was using a very "special" motor oil this weekend.....

Oh no.......;)

AudiOn19s 06-08-2020 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 16687159)

one of the fastest guys I know.

I was on premises on Sunday and was impressed with how the event was run and it looked like everyone was having fun out there! Didn't really run around and say hi to too many people as I wanted to respect boundaries.

PGas32 06-08-2020 04:15 PM

Alright let's see if I can embed a video...here's the Rennlist meetup in Turn 1, plus a couple more laps

dgrobs 06-08-2020 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PGas32 (Post 16687592)
Alright let's see if I can embed a video...here's the Rennlist meetup in Turn 1, plus a couple more laps

https://youtu.be/6G9NlX2cjTg

Holy crap, was I sleeping or taking a phone call on that lap?

You caught me in every corner.

I was running 1:40-1:41 all weekend long.

Were you running 1:37-1:38's or was I just having a crappy lap?

You def crushed me that lap. I look horrible. Uggh....

gbuff 06-08-2020 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 16687607)
Holy crap, was I sleeping or taking a phone call on that lap?

You caught me in every corner.

I was running 1:40-1:41 all weekend long.

Were you running 1:37-1:38's or was I just having a crappy lap?

You def crushed me that lap. I look horrible. Uggh....

You? I've been exposed, however briefly, as the moving chicane that I am :p Cool to watch the action in PGas' mirror after he passed us :thumbup:

Seriously, thanks for the video PGas--if I wasn't such a dimer I'd break down and get my own system!