Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Cayman Interseries Wing Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020 | 03:21 PM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Default WTB Cayman Interseries Wing Assembly

Looking for what the title says since I’m building a new car. If you have anything drop me a PM ideally with a couple of pictures

TX
Old 04-30-2020 | 05:10 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fnel1771
Looking for what the title says since I’m building a new car. If you have anything drop me a PM ideally with a couple of pictures

TX
I have some end plates and gurneys available from my old car but that’s it. If you are building a B1 car, also consider a carbon hatch.
Old 05-01-2020 | 04:54 AM
wgn
Rennlist Member

I may have wing and uprights available, but not the base. PM if interested in talking. And good luck with the build.

Old 05-01-2020 | 07:16 AM
jorligan
Instructor

You can contact Getty Design in CA and they sell all of the components. With the wing, you need to do something for more front downforce to balance the car. Instead of the canards, I had gone with the GT3 front conversion.
Old 05-01-2020 | 10:34 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

understand what the ad says but does that mean the specific wing and uprights. I still have my wing and can check for the uprights.
Old 05-02-2020 | 08:06 AM
Fumes
Racer

Originally Posted by jorligan
You can contact Getty Design in CA and they sell all of the components. With the wing, you need to do something for more front downforce to balance the car. Instead of the canards, I had gone with the GT3 front conversion.
just for the record, those are not the only options. talk to getty they already did the work on this.

Canards do almost nothing if you just stick them on, tho they look cool. but more likely they will make things worse. why add front drag if you dont know the baseline?? ask procoach - if you are setting up the entire car w data step by step from susp to aero, w a ton of work and time, and experienced pro engineers. think petit lemans, WEC, Alms etc they are part of the overall aero package they engineer to fit the track driver and conditions. at the club level and they are meaningless because nobody has that level of data and support. maybe goldcrest and rs1. anywho, club racers add them for looks then cut holes in their bumpers lol because race car.

You also do not need a gt3 bumper - thats a very pricey endeavor.

anyways getty has done this work for the 987 for us. he sells a clip in front splitter that replaces factory on the 987. they also offer a splitter w a partial floor, which is very effective, but spendy. both balance out the interseries wing well w a little testing in quick corners and looking at top speed at end of straights

i just went through all this. all b1 guys do when they move up to gT. look to the pointy end of our grid - lots of pretty flat wings, few gurneys, no canards (tho they might not be legal?) and cheap front splitters. there are literally many millions of dollars invested in those 25 987.2 conversions on the grid. if there was a way to get more meaningful performance w a diff front end or canards, they would be on every car. it is not a financially meek bunch of characters generally...aka THE ARMS RACE.

emphasis on CHEAP splitter. you go through them like tires. between luigi and me we should own a damn splitter company by now.
Old 05-02-2020 | 09:48 AM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the great write up. I do plan to go with inexpensive splitters. What would you recommend
Old 05-02-2020 | 10:28 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fnel1771
Thanks for the great write up. I do plan to go with inexpensive splitters. What would you recommend
The most inexpensive splitters are the rubber lips on the GT3 conversion but that conversion comes at a huge price and does not give you any options to optimize the aero. The stock bumper gives you lots of options. Front aero is about drag and lift reduction as well as optimizing cooling air flow. Very few people that I know of have ever sampled and measured objective data on that so the recommendations will vary wildly and should be treated as such. I think there are only two guys in the paddock that routinely consume their splitters. So IMHO it’s not worth treating them as a consumable. I used to run the Bodymotion splitter which is very sturdy (you will want sturdy) and is repairable unless you run over it.

If you are building a B1 car, I’d suggest you go through the rule book in detail and ask Walt Fricke or me questions before you spend $$$ and are deemed illegal afterwards and moved to GT3. Aftermarket dive planes are illegal because they were never a 997 GT3 Cup part but you can use the GT3 Cup fender liner extensions which will yield good results even though they are small and expensive.

The new Getty splitter with partial floor is most likely not legal as the rules do not allow you to change the underbody aero.
Old 05-02-2020 | 10:36 AM
steved0x
Pro

I'm looking as well but not tied to a specific wing for a race series, so any pre-owned items available that the OP can't use, I am interested. 987.2 Cayman, and I have a Joe Toth sectional splitter to be installed with it.
Old 05-06-2020 | 10:54 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

If anyone's interested, I have the Getty Interseries uprights available. Already powder coated satin black and brand new condition. $300 shipped to anyone that wants them.

Quick Reply: WTB Cayman Interseries Wing Assembly