Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hudson Valley Region Unmuffled DE at Lime Rock, Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Lou D
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hudson Valley Region Unmuffled DE at Lime Rock, Tue, 4/14/20 -- RESCHEDULED 7/28/20

Driver's Education event at Lime Rock Park, Tuesday April 14, 2020 RESCHEDULED TO TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2020. This event is open to all Marques with only 40 entries accepted.
Our track day is for Advanced Drivers only (White, Black, Red) and is un-muffled. This is HVR's only DE for the season.
We will have two Run groups which will be organized by a variety of factors including driver experience, prior run group assignment(s), and what car is being driven. This is a half day event and we will run in the afternoon. No un-muffled cars are to be started before noon.
So if you have a car that you have not been able to run at Lime Rock because of its noise level, now is your opportunity to run on this historic track. Track will open at 10:00 am for Tech inspection and Registration.
For those who plan on attending the Club Race on April 24 & 25, this is a great opportunity to get seat time prior to the race as it is the only un-muffled event prior to the race. No need to worry about the noise police.
If you drive at Porsche GT3 or Caymen GT4 you may want to consider this event as those models have been Black Flag at other Lime Rock DE for noise.

To Register, click here.

Last edited by Lou D; 07-06-2020 at 01:41 PM. Reason: We rescheduled the event.
The following users liked this post:
will968 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Lou D
Rennlist Member

As of now, our event is still on. According to Lime Rock, if there are less than 50 participants we are in compliance. Registration remains open.

It's unfortunate that the Spencer *** memorial was postponed, but if anyone who registered for that is looking for some track time, please consider coming to our event on April 14.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:47 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

corona#sucks#

Last edited by spg993tt; 03-17-2020 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Deansdream (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 04:21 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,053 Posts

If the event is on when it comes around (and that's a very big if for Mid-April at this point), I may do your DE at LRP followed by NNJR's 2 day DE the next 2 days, April 15 and 16. Already signed up for NNJR, so what's another day, right?

3 straight days at Lime Rock (if not cancelled) might be just what the doctor ordered should the lockdown be lifted.

Like I said, a very big if, but the timing is there. One can dream, yes?........
Old 03-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

lou. if its cancelled, are we refunded reg. fees?
Old 03-17-2020, 11:07 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

I Believe its been posted that the CVR advanced DE ( muffled) on the 23rd is already cancelled. So how could both the HVR and NNJR events earlier in april still be on? Is it simply as numbers game ? ie number of participants? sorry late to the game here
Old 03-18-2020, 11:44 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geneman
I Believe its been posted that the CVR advanced DE ( muffled) on the 23rd is already cancelled. So how could both the HVR and NNJR events earlier in april still be on? Is it simply as numbers game ? ie number of participants? sorry late to the game here
NNJR has changed their event to an advanced event so as to not have instructors in close contact with students. You can't be in a right seat and maintain a 6 foot distance from each other.

Will this event actually take place and happen as an advanced DE? We'll know in a month (most likely a lot less).

I guess it would have to be a very small roster if anything at all. Will be interesting to watch what happens.

I know that the NNJR folks would not put their members in danger, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My gut tells me the event will be cancelled by LRP or NNJR officials, but I guess it's wait and see at this point.

Please don't jump all over me for this post. I am just passing along the info I was given by my home regions chairs.

Stay tuned I guess........
Old 03-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
NNJR has changed their event to an advanced event so as to not have instructors in close contact with students. You can't be in a right seat and maintain a 6 foot distance from each other.

Will this event actually take place and happen as an advanced DE? We'll know in a month (most likely a lot less).

I guess it would have to be a very small roster if anything at all. Will be interesting to watch what happens.

I know that the NNJR folks would not put their members in danger, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My gut tells me the event will be cancelled by LRP or NNJR officials, but I guess it's wait and see at this point.

Please don't jump all over me for this post. I am just passing along the info I was given by my home regions chairs.

Stay tuned I guess........
All these cancellations have an economic impact aspect to them. I doubt your region will cancel the event unless it gets its money back from LRP and that won’t happen unless the Governor decides that (for example) EV support is better deployed elsewhere than a race track right now. That’s what happened at NJMP. Even if you can put the right procedures in place for an event, fact is that you can’t reliably practice social distancing outside the track with people going to restaurants, gas stations, etc.....
Old 03-18-2020, 12:36 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
All these cancellations have an economic impact aspect to them. I doubt your region will cancel the event unless it gets its money back from LRP and that won’t happen unless the Governor decides that (for example) EV support is better deployed elsewhere than a race track right now. That’s what happened at NJMP. Even if you can put the right procedures in place for an event, fact is that you can’t reliably practice social distancing outside the track with people going to restaurants, gas stations, etc.....
Agreed. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
Just thought I'd pass along the news I received.
Will the event actually take place? No idea at this point, but it is less than a month away, so not sure how things will play out.
Just wait and see right now.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Lou D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geneman
lou. if its cancelled, are we refunded reg. fees?
Yes, refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled.

You can register now and pay later. However, registrants must pay before being allowed into the track.
As far as I know, Kevin won't confirm anyone until payment is received. We've had a number of new registrations.
Since this will be an advanced DE, we should be able to maintain safe distancing. I'm not sure if we have to maintain the 6' rule on the track.
As of now, Lime Rock will limit overall attendance to 50 (not including LR staff), and they will be counting at the front gate.

I'm not sure what the larger regions are going to do. If it were me, I would try to convince LR to put a gate between the paddocks and have multiple groups of 50 attending "separate" events on the same day.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:57 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Lou, just registered for your DE at LRP (if there is room for me) and also paid.

Looks like only 27 people on the roster so far, including me, so maybe this event will happen safely, if at all.

I registered in the event that in a month from now, things are looking better.

Hope both the HVR and NNJR events happen, and happen safely, so we'll wait and see.

3 days at LRP is a lot of laps, so something to look forward to in these uncertain times.

Thanks for the info.

Ironically, your DE and the Spencer day at MMC were supposed to be on the same day IIRC.

Fingers crossed for both HVR and NNJR LRP DE's going on safely and as planned.

OK, let the bashing begin......
Old 03-19-2020, 09:42 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Lou, Still on?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Lou D
Rennlist Member

Yes, we are still on.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:34 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Just got an email showing the NNJR DE at LRP the 2 days after this one has been rescheduled until September. Reg opens July 15th on MSR.

Lou, as of today, you got the only game in town for the foreseeable future.

Old 03-20-2020, 05:34 PM
Lou D
Rennlist Member

Just found out from Lime Rock that they are not allowed to run any events through April 30. Therefore the event will be cancelled.
We will work on rescheduling.
This stinks.

Quick Reply: Hudson Valley Region Unmuffled DE at Lime Rock, Tuesday, April 14, 2020