Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR 11/1 to 11/3 NNJR

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019 | 03:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Default VIR 11/1 to 11/3 NNJR

Anyone here trekking down to VIR from NJ for this event and want to join a caravan going down on Thursday, 10/31?

Plan on leaving North Jersey around 5am on Thursday, 10/31. Should put us in Danville around 3pm with fuel and food stops.

Going down 81 the whole way to avoid the I-95 mess around the Beltway.

Trying to put a caravan together like we had the past few years.

Also, Peter, you gonna be around? I'd love to meet you finally.

DG
Old 10-22-2019 | 03:37 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Haha! Good event. I'm scheduled to be at the beach, but may need to meet a fellow to put in a VBOX and get him up to speed before the event. Will try to reach out.

We had a wonderful time at FSR-PCA and the second day at Chin. The track is fast...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-22-2019 | 08:59 PM
wmond
Racer

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Anyone here trekking down to VIR from NJ for this event and want to join a caravan going down on Thursday, 10/31?

Plan on leaving North Jersey around 5am on Thursday, 10/31. Should put us in Danville around 3pm with fuel and food stops.

Going down 81 the whole way to avoid the I-95 mess around the Beltway.

Trying to put a caravan together like we had the past few years.

Also, Peter, you gonna be around? I'd love to meet you finally.

DG
Bgrob,

cant caravan but will see you down there. My plan to avoid 95 beltway mess is to leave NJ after trick or treating with the kids, around 7p, puts me at the beltway around 11p, well after traffic has dissipated. Smart, right?
Old 10-22-2019 | 09:28 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Hey dgrobs, I’m heading down on Thursday 10/31 as well but I plan on leaving later, closer to 10am to get me there around 6pm (no stops)! I guess I’ll see you there.
Old 10-22-2019 | 09:40 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wmond
Smart, right?
Nope
Old 10-22-2019 | 09:42 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Akunob
Hey dgrobs, I’m heading down on Thursday 10/31 as well but I plan on leaving later, closer to 10am to get me there around 6pm (no stops)! I guess I’ll see you there.
Yeah buddy. You got nothing to worry about with the VA troopers. I’d do 110 mph the whole way.
See ya there or I’ll bail you out. Whichever comes first....
Old 10-22-2019 | 09:56 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Yeah buddy. You got nothing to worry about with the VA troopers. I’d do 110 mph the whole way.
See ya there or I’ll bail you out. Whichever comes first....
Bro, I would prefer not to re-acquaint myself with VA troopers LOL. Nice guys but one interaction is one too many....cruise control set at 70mph once I cross the VA state line. Let’s convert that bail money to beer money! LOL
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019 | 10:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Bro, I would prefer not to re-acquaint myself with VA troopers LOL. Nice guys but one interaction is one too many....cruise control set at 70mph once I cross the VA state line. Let’s convert that bail money to beer money! LOL
Tall dark and handsome guy doing a buck ten in a bright orange GT3 through the last bastion of confederacy. What could possibly go wrong?...
Old 10-22-2019 | 11:46 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Tall dark and handsome guy doing a buck ten in a bright orange GT3 through the last bastion of confederacy. What could possibly go wrong?...
What went wrong was whatever was going through the driver’s head...what was he thinking?! LOL You haven’t lived until you’ve been a roadside guest of VA’s finest as they casually explain to you that your transgression could land you in jail, result in a misdemeanor conviction and a reckless driving charge as they admire your ride and ask if it’s Italian or British? German sir, it’s German...is all I could muster...LOL. All’s well that ends well. The boys in blue were super courteous and the right lawyer makes everything go away. Word to the wise, when in VA stick to 70mph!
Old 10-22-2019 | 11:53 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

What went wrong was whatever was going through the driver’s head...what was he thinking?! LOL You haven’t lived until you’ve been a roadside guest of VA’s finest as they casually explain to you that your transgression could land you in jail, result in a misdemeanor conviction and a reckless driving charge as they admire your ride and ask if it’s Italian or British? German sir, it’s German...is all I could muster...LOL. All’s well that ends well. The boys in blue were super courteous and the right lawyer makes everything go away. Word to the wise, when in VA stick to 70mph!
You are one funny dude sometimes. Luv ya brother...
Old 10-23-2019 | 01:27 PM
Akunob
Race Car

You are one funny dude sometimes. Luv ya brother...
I consider myself very very lucky...Jason Werth has stories to tell his grandkids!! Maybe it was the aggressive rear wing of his 3RS that did him in (and his fame, prosecutors love the publicity of high-profile cases)! VA doesn't play!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...0e3_story.html

Quick Reply: VIR 11/1 to 11/3 NNJR