Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cups?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best place to buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cups?

I've decided to give the MPSC's a try for DE's this year based on pretty consistent feedback of long life and good performance and am wondering where people are buying them from. I am going with 245/45/16 all the way around and found Tire Rack has them for $216 stock, $231 heat cycled. Anyone know of a cheaper source? Also is the $60 for heat cycling worth it? I have heard some feedback that the MPSC are like the Toyo RA1 and don't really need to be heat cycled.

Thanks,
Old 02-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Dont cycle. Waste of $. If You need it for free just send them to me and I will be glad to scrub in your brand new rubber. Mine includes heat cycling and free shaving in true Race conditions so the tire can climatize....lol
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Default Re: Best place to buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cups?

Originally posted by Skip Wolfe
I've decided to give the MPSC's a try for DE's this year based on pretty consistent feedback of long life and good performance and am wondering where people are buying them from. I am going with 245/45/16 all the way around and found Tire Rack has them for $216 stock, $231 heat cycled. Anyone know of a cheaper source? Also is the $60 for heat cycling worth it? I have heard some feedback that the MPSC are like the Toyo RA1 and don't really need to be heat cycled.

Thanks,
First off, your tire size is ideal! I run 245-45/16's at all four corners, and it really helps improve the handling of the car: the wider rubber up front helps dial out some of that inherent understeering behavior our cars are known for. Plus you can rotate your tires front to back!

IIRC, you can get the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups ONLY at Tirerack.

I too agree that heat cycling is not really worth the extra $$. For DE, neither is shaving the tire.

Just my $0.42,
-Z-man.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Glen
...I will be glad to scrub in your brand new rubber. Mine includes heat cycling and free shaving in true Race conditions so the tire can climatize....
Thanks for the offer Glen. Its that kind of community spirit here at Rennlist that brings a tear to my eye
Old 02-24-2004, 08:58 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen's such a stand up guy! I'm just amazed at how he continues to give his tire scrubbing services out of the goodness of his heart I'd love to see those 16" wheels/tires on his cup car See you this weekend. I'll bring the fuel/tires, you bring the car.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Re: Re: Best place to buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cups?

Originally posted by Z-man
IIRC, you can get the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups ONLY at Tirerack.
I got my MPSC's from Paul Marcoones at Radial Tire in Silver Spring, MD (301-585-2740). I can't recall what I paid since I bought Fikse FM-10's, too, but the prices were competitive with Tire Rack.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cups?