Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone catch "Sports Car Revolution" w/ Mark Kibort? (repeat 2/22 @ 6:00p ET)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:11 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Anyone catch "Sports Car Revolution" w/ Mark Kibort? (repeat 2/22 @ 6:00p ET)

One of the new original programs from Speed Channel featured fellow Rennlister, Mark Kibort, in their debut episode. Looks like a good show for track enthusiasts as the focus is on cars, technique and mods geared towards track work. The show is hosted by the two guys from Dream Car Garage (another favorite) and packs in quite a few stories in the half hour format. Here's the write up from the SpeedTV website.

Two thumbs up!
Old 02-22-2004, 02:23 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was at a party last night, and a few of us are motorheads, so we had it on, but could not hear it very well.....it did look good though. Those guys from Dream Car Garage crack me up and I like how they gave sh*t to left lane hogs and traffic cops at the end.

The show on it before hand called Super Tuners (I think) was horrible. Lets take 3 guys and see how bad we can screw up a RX8 and argue the whole time. The one guy in charge of "cosmetics" only bitched and put on 19" wheels and sub woofers, the suspension guy wound up putting crappy decals on the car, and the engine guy put in nitrous. I guess not bad if you like ricers, but I would have shot them if they returned the car back to me like that.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:17 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a little bit of this. It seems like every new show nowadays has to try to be just like "Monster Garage"...
Old 02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by forklift

The show on it before hand called Super Tuners (I think) was horrible. Lets take 3 guys and see how bad we can screw up a RX8 and argue the whole time. The one guy in charge of "cosmetics" only bitched and put on 19" wheels and sub woofers, the suspension guy wound up putting crappy decals on the car, and the engine guy put in nitrous. I guess not bad if you like ricers, but I would have shot them if they returned the car back to me like that.
God, yes, it was horrible.
A bunch of drama, and they ended up doing basically nothing.
I love how the nitrous purge button was the feature mod. Wow.

I agree, everything is copying Moster Garage, but I have no complaints.
More stuff for me to watch!

Is it just me or has the speed channel actually improved?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just watch "Sports Car Revolution" again, and that one is a good show. Looking forward to the track tips and seeing that C4S in more action. Could do without the surfer dude though.

Someone w/ a bunch of $ should start a Porsche show going over the different models and track driving.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:54 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Super Tuners is the Queer Eye for Ricers
Old 02-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Al P.
Pro

Super Tuners is the Queer Eye for Ricers

That other new one "Chop Cut Rebuild" sounded like an interesting idea but the first episode was very lame.

a couple of different segments

Car in a Barn: NOT relatively shiny early chevy supposedly found under a trap in a barn

Rebuilding of an old show car: actually did look like it was in a barn, flat tires, filthy and an interesting interview with Barris. (I remember the "Bedroom Van" from a car show in the late sixties early seventies, probably have pics somewhere)

Customizing a piece of s**t: hero intros for the "customizers" then they gave them an old rusted out Ford pick-up to customize, basically who cares

Quick Reply: Anyone catch "Sports Car Revolution" w/ Mark Kibort? (repeat 2/22 @ 6:00p ET)