Sponsored by:

NEW DE Format

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019 | 10:45 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
LOL I intended to add "automated" in there
Nah, the Russians "tried" to hide it at least; not scream "look at me" and my youtube likes.... Oh wait...
Old 07-10-2019 | 10:51 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
FLAT OUT is about more than training Okie, it's a mindset, an attitude, an ego and especially an inability to listen!! Plus you have to be able to reference Youtube comments regularly apparently...

These are natural traits you either have or you don't, we can't teach you, it's a natural thing, some have it some don't (Not to mention insurance and a lap timer!)
I have much to un-learn, so far backward to go, but the journey will be worth it. I am a humble student of the masters of FLAT OUT.

Originally Posted by DTMiller
YesYouCan2020

I think he brings a lot of good ideas to the table and I'm excited to see him shifting the national conversation.

#neverPaulSolk
And I really like the energy and bold, woke ideas brought to the stale 2020 landscape.
Old 07-10-2019 | 10:54 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Old 07-10-2019 | 11:08 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
I came up through the normal HPDE programs where this very behavior was discouraged, therefore I don’t have these traits. Is there a school out there that will deprogram my ‘good behaviors’ and show me the path to becoming Flat Out? I really want to be Flat Out, that’s so much more impressive with my non-track friends (I’m really not insecure but I need more ‘likes’).
Go West, young man! 😅
Old 07-10-2019 | 11:32 AM
bertram928
Instructor

FLAT OUT is about more than training Okie, it's a mindset, an attitude, an ego and especially an inability to listen!! Plus you have to be able to reference Youtube comments regularly apparently...

These are natural traits you either have or you don't, we can't teach you, it's a natural thing, some have it some don't (Not to mention insurance and a lap timer!)
Funny story: I was flat out (my skills were developed in back woods high speed driving) the first NCM HPDE, 10/10ths and Just Track it allowed me to drive solo without ever having an instructor ride with me based on my Gingerman experience 2 decades prior .
Thus I was very comfortable at NCM by my 3rd event with Blue Grass CCA Bimmers who did have an instructor ride with me, out of respect i followed every instruction and was complimented on my accuracy of hitting the blue marks at apexes.

Here is kicker I was black flagged during instructive session by a corner worker that thought i was having medical issues evidenced by how much slower (smoother) i was driving .

He must have noticed my limit of control "flat-out" driving in prior fun solo sessions thus could not reconcile that under instruction he no longer noticed all the 4 wheel drifts and late braking moves including left foot trail braking into corners lifting inside rear wheel.

Does that make me a "natural" i can take the truth , give it to me LOL i want to be a "Flat Out" driving Instructor
Old 07-10-2019 | 11:33 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I love this place
Old 07-10-2019 | 11:35 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

What's not to love?
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:04 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Man, someone already told you to stop digging when you are already in a hole but you just can't help shoveling deeper huh?

What you just posted is the biggest load of crap since what I dropped in the bowl 5 minutes ago. Just stop dude. Yes, people are making fun of your comments directly and indirectly because of the stupidity they contain and your desire to prove an entire forum wrong. You and your 3.5 years and 65 DE days who is so obviously the expert on all of this...

Maybe the fact SO MANY are mocking your comments should tell you more about your comments than anything else.... #TAKEAHINT #TRYLISTENING

Seriously man, you're trying to prove a point with random youtube posts that don't even tie into the discussion and you can't even tell the person who said they shaved two seconds after buying "a track insurance" was most likely being sarcastic, hence the smiley...

You really need to stop trying to "prove a point" and "be right." Your youtube commentary isn't going to convince anyone here.

ahhh. you guys brought me into this discussion.

Anyways; Its you guys who have lost or don't even have any credibility on this topic/issue. It just seems you guys don't know this or are oblivious to it. I haven't seen any substantive postings from any of you guys..

But, carry on. You guys are the long time posters
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:25 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Wait wait. Lemme run and get my popcorn and beer. Gimme 3 minutes. Thanks.....
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:37 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Wait wait. Lemme run and get my popcorn and beer. Gimme 3 minutes. Thanks.....
Sure, do you want the large tub with free re-fills -

Paul, since you started this thread and want to seem to keep this topic going:

In the last 12 months or make it 24 months - How many HPDE events have you attended/driven in, which run group within those events? Which track organizer?, which track? Private days, corporate events, lifestyle clubs who happen to have track days don't count.
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:42 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yesyoucan

In the last 12 months or make it 24 months - How many HPDE events have you attended/driven in, which run group within those events? Which track organizer?, which track? Private days, corporate events, lifestyle clubs who happen to have track days don't count.
Why do I support YYC2020? It's the commitment I see day to day. It's the steadfast refusal, in the face of immense opposition and contradiction by things like logic and reason, to be swayed into "getting it." Find me another candidate who so doggedly "has no idea" or "misses the point" and I'll listen. But I don't think you can.

So with YYC, I stand.

YYC2020!!!!
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:43 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Yes, large tub, free refills. Lots of butter, or butter flavored chemically enhanced butter flavored products will do as well.

As for Paul, he sucks. Can't drive worth a lick. Still runs in Green run group but has a souped up spec boxster with a nice wrap to make him look like he knows what he's doing.

Truth is he sucks on the track. During a 20 minute run session earlier this year at The Glen, I lapped him 4 times. Yes, in 20 minutes. I think he did finally break 4 minutes at The Glen though, so I suppose he is improving.

Truth is, he really knows nothing and should be bowing to your track expertise. If he ever lost his ridiculous level of stubbornness, he would probably learn something from you....
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:44 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Why do I support YYC2020? It's the commitment I see day to day. It's the steadfast refusal, in the face of immense opposition and contradiction by things like logic and reason, to be swayed into "getting it" as the kids say. Find me another candidate who so doggedly "has no idea" or "misses the point" and I'll listen. But I don't think you can.

So with YYC, I stand.

YYC2020!!!!
Why don't you post up the same things I asked Paul to post?
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:45 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Why don't you post up the same things I asked Paul to post?
Why don't you find me an aardvark that can juggle chainsaws.
The following users liked this post:
okie981 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019 | 12:46 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Yes, large tub, free refills. Lots of butter, or butter flavored chemically enhanced butter flavored products will do as well.

As for Paul, he sucks. Can't drive worth a lick. Still runs in Green run group but has a souped up spec boxster with a nice wrap to make him look like he knows what he's doing.

Truth is he sucks on the track. During a 20 minute run session earlier this year at The Glen, I lapped him 4 times. Yes, in 20 minutes. I think he did finally break 4 minutes at The Glen though, so I suppose he is improving.

Truth is, he really knows nothing and should be bowing to your track expertise. If he ever lost his ridiculous level of stubbornness, he would probably learn something from you....
It was a simple question! Why don't you post the same thing I asked him to.

Quick Reply: NEW DE Format