Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqdash with 2 Mobius Cameras, one not recording

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019 | 10:35 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Default Traqdash with 2 Mobius Cameras, one not recording

I tried Posting this in the Data Acquisition sub-forum and did not get any response so I thought I would try posting it here to a larger audience.

Have a Traqdash with a 2 Mobius camera setup. The issue I am having is, only one of the cameras is recording to the micro SD card. I have done some troubleshooting but I am not able to get the second camera to record video. I have seen video of both cameras working from the previous owner so I know at one point they both worked.

1. When the cameras are activated via the Traqdash the red LED's on the back of both cameras are lit.
2. The yellow LED's on top of both cameras flash as if they are recording but only one camera writes video to the micro SD card.
3. I have swapped micro SD cards with no change. These are new cards and I have tried other micro SD cards with no luck.
4. I have swapped USB cables (front facing camera cable to the back facing camera and the back facing camera cable to the front facing camera) no change.
5. If I disconnect the camera that is not writing video to the SD card from the Traqdash it will record video and write it to the card.
6. If I manually activate recording while connected to the Traqdash it will record to the SD card.
7. I have updated the firmware in the camera that is not writing to the SD card and followed the setup instruction on the Traqmate website http://forum.traqmate.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19894
8. I have called and emailed Traqmate and have not received a response in over 2 weeks.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Aaron
Old 05-09-2019 | 12:05 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Check with Peter (ProCoach). He should still be familiar with all of this.
Old 05-09-2019 | 12:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

#6 indicates to me that the txt file (config file for the Mobius) is been inadvertently changed, corrupted or somehow altered and needs to be rewritten.

It's been so long since I messed with those, I can't tell you the procedure offhand, but the Traqmate forums and the site still has links to the directions on how to configure the Mobius from stock setup to what is required for power-on record, which is not happening now.

It takes time, but it does work. I have replaced cables and cameras, if that didn't work, when those were new, six or seven years ago... It's a $99 camera...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-09-2019 | 12:45 PM
steved0x
Pro

I don't have Traqmate but I do have 2 mobius cameras that I have wired to a toggle on my dash that auto record when power is applied and stops when power is removed.

Using the msetup tool from here:
https://www.buymobius.com/pages/mobius-camera-software

For the camera that is not recording when connected to the Traqmate, make sure that:
  • Power on - auto record is set to one of the settings besides off
  • Power on disconnect - set it to immediate. If it set to one of the longer settings, and your camera has either a weak battery or the battery capacitor, it won't save video on power off unless you set it to immediate. (And even then if the battery is super weak, it might not anyway)
Another thing to do would be to use the msetup tool on the camera that is working, and screenshot the different settings, and then compare them to the camera that isn't working, and see if anything is different?

Good luck, those Mobius are great little affordable cameras, I like mine
Old 05-09-2019 | 12:50 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yes, use the msetup tool and duplicate settings from the working camera to insure you’ve isolated the issue.
Old 05-09-2019 | 12:52 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

With the TraqDash and Mobius, you get auto synced video within the data analysis window, plus something NO other system does. It will assemble a full video lap of your Theoretical best, incredibly valuable...
Old 05-09-2019 | 03:46 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will dig into this tonight.

Aaron
Old 05-14-2019 | 09:24 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

I wanted to give an update for anyone else who may run into this issue. After doing some additional troubleshooting and making sure the settings between both cameras matched, the camera was still not recording to the SD card. So I went head and ordered a new camera, set it up and plugged it in to the Traqdash system and it is recoding to the SD card.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions for a fix.

Aaron

Quick Reply: Traqdash with 2 Mobius Cameras, one not recording