Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Triple Sprint Rumble - CVR LRP 2019 Club Race

 
Old 03-14-2019, 08:39 PM
  #1  
LuigiVampa
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
LuigiVampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut Valley Region
Posts: 9,773
Default Triple Sprint Rumble - CVR LRP 2019 Club Race

Registration is open and it looks like a little over 80 people so far. The race is a couple of weeks later than in previous years so hoping for some warmer weather.

Who's in?
LuigiVampa is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 PM
  #2  
PGas32
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PGas32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 325
Default

In for my first Lime Rock experience - 14 SPBs so far!

Does the addition of the third sprint mean that the morning warm up on Saturday just gets scrapped?
PGas32 is online now  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM
  #3  
will968
User
 
will968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 110
Default

In for my first Lime Rock experience - 14 SPBs so far!

Does the addition of the third sprint mean that the morning warm up on Saturday just gets scrapped?
From what I've heard, yes.
will968 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:56 AM
  #4  
Gary R.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gary R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 14,941
Default

Originally Posted by PGas32 View Post
In for my first Lime Rock experience - 14 SPBs so far!
You will love it! Five laps and you will have the track layout down, another 5000 and you will have 90% mastery!
Gary R. is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
  #5  
LuigiVampa
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
LuigiVampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut Valley Region
Posts: 9,773
Default

Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
You will love it! Five laps and you will have the track layout down, another 5000 and you will have 90% mastery!
And after you get under a minute each tenth comes with as much effort as it took you to get under a minute.

LRP - easy to learn, hard to master.
LuigiVampa is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:45 AM
  #6  
PGas32
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PGas32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 325
Default

Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
You will love it! Five laps and you will have the track layout down, another 5000 and you will have 90% mastery!
Iím debating doing the test day the week before - will certainly be helpful, but itís a big expense and a five hour tow each way...iRacing might just do the trick
PGas32 is online now  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM
  #7  
LuigiVampa
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
LuigiVampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut Valley Region
Posts: 9,773
Default

Originally Posted by PGas32 View Post


Iím debating doing the test day the week before - will certainly be helpful, but itís a big expense and a five hour tow each way...iRacing might just do the trick
The extra day is worth the effort. iRacing isn't going to help you the way it might help with other tracks where you are trying to remember corners. The turns are easy to remember. How to take the turns is where it gets complicated.

The best way to learn LRP is to talk to someone with experience and then follow them around the track. Having someone in your car, or riding along with someone else, is a big plus as well.
LuigiVampa is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:17 PM
  #8  
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
Frank 993 C4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY Tri-State
Posts: 6,644
Default

Originally Posted by PGas32 View Post


Iím debating doing the test day the week before - will certainly be helpful, but itís a big expense and a five hour tow each way...iRacing might just do the trick
You'll be fine. It's an easy track to learn. It only takes you a minute to get around so if you make a mistake you can correct it a minute later. It's a tough track to get really competitive because after a while you'll be improving by 1/10s and 1/100s. Some pointers: Most people brake too much for Turn 1 and the Lefthander and don't trail the brake into the turn far enough. Most people downshift too early for T1. You don't need to lift all the way for the Righthander. Early throttle for the Righthander is key as it is followed by No-name straight. Follow the white line one the outside of the track up the Uphill and make sure your steering wheel is absolutely straight as the car settles down at the top. No need to brake for the Downhill, just a slight lift (or a left foot brake) but you want to turn in decisively just as your car hits the compression at the bottom. Have fun!
Frank 993 C4S is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:35 PM
  #9  
mmuller
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mmuller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,189
Default

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S View Post
You'll be fine. It's an easy track to learn. It only takes you a minute to get around so if you make a mistake you can correct it a minute later. It's a tough track to get really competitive because after a while you'll be improving by 1/10s and 1/100s. Some pointers: Most people brake too much for Turn 1 and the Lefthander and don't trail the brake into the turn far enough. Most people downshift too early for T1. You don't need to lift all the way for the Righthander. Early throttle for the Righthander is key as it is followed by No-name straight. Follow the white line one the outside of the track up the Uphill and make sure your steering wheel is absolutely straight as the car settles down at the top. No need to brake for the Downhill, just a slight lift (or a left foot brake) but you want to turn in decisively just as your car hits the compression at the bottom. Have fun!
Who lifts for the Right-hander?
mmuller is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 PM
  #10  
slimlynn1
User
 
slimlynn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Default

So, are the sprints 30 min or 40 min?
slimlynn1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 03:58 PM
  #11  
Gary R.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gary R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 14,941
Default

Originally Posted by mmuller View Post
Who lifts for the Right-hander?
The big power boys....
Gary R. is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:57 PM
  #12  
BostonDMD
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BostonDMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 6,922
Default

Just signed up so now its 15 SPB......

Where can I find the info. on how the triple sprints are going to work?
BostonDMD is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:24 PM
  #13  
Gary R.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gary R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 14,941
Default

Originally Posted by BostonDMD View Post
Just signed up so now its 15 SPB......

Where can I find the info. on how the triple sprints are going to work?
Wadda you care, you show up, read the schedule, and get to grid on time.. not rocket science!
Gary R. is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:27 PM
  #14  
BostonDMD
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BostonDMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 6,922
Default

Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Wadda you care, you show up, read the schedule, and get to grid on time.. not rocket science!
Bada Bing, Bada Bing........
BostonDMD is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 PM
  #15  
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member
 
sbelles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Here some and there some
Posts: 11,153
Default

First comes sprint 1...
sbelles is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: