Sponsored by:

DE Communicator

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:05 AM
911fanboy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default communicator

Speedcom works for me. I used moulded in ear earphones, with a student boom. Plenty of volume and clarity. I'd like to try a Stilo, but haven't pulled that plug yet.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

177 mph: Do you have ear buds, student headset or built in for yourself? Open or closed helmet?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:15 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by KOAN
177 mph: Do you have ear buds, student headset or built in for yourself? Open or closed helmet?
Closed helmet. Speakers and mike installed in the helmet.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:07 PM
zoiks
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a BELL M.8 full faced helmet and just tried the ROSSO system this weekend at Barber. I have the system below except I bought the cheaper full face helmet kit which is less than $200. I wired the system into my helmet and it took a lot of trial and error to position the helmet earphones in the right place. I really struggled to feel the right centered spot of the earphones in the helmet. The helmet padding puts so much pressure on your head and ears it's hard to get them perfect. I had my wife talking into the student microphone until the volume was maximized. Once I found the spot I sewed the earphones into the helmet lining around the edges. (two sided tape never lasts) My friend had the same problem with the student microphone/earphone kit. The foam sleeve kept binding up as he tried to shove the system into his helmet. Initially he said he couldn't hear. We removed the foam sleeve and tried repositioning the earphone. Once he got the earphone positioned correctly he could hear fine. We both had no trouble hearing. The volume was probably in the range of 40-50% for both of us. During the actual driving on the track I could not hear the background "white noise". In a quiet room I can hear hear the white noise easily. It's a pretty bulky system but if it doesn't break I'll be happy.

I've also noticed I could not find a manufacturer website for ROSSO where you could email questions. They really should have a US website to address technical and sales questions.

Hope the info helps.

$249.95 IC200N
$249.95 full face helmet kit
$79.99 for student kit
$579.89 grand total

https://www.stableenergies.com/Rosso...C200N-IMSA-DC/

https://www.stableenergies.com/IMSA-...T615CSPK-EBUD/

https://www.stableenergies.com/Trac-...-HS-BOOM-IMSA/

Looks like a cheaper "non-compact microphone:

https://www.stableenergies.com/IMSA-...15CSPK%2DEBUD/
Old 05-08-2019, 04:17 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

I have Chatterbox. I like the permanently mounted instructor mic+headphones and the sound quality. I do not like the poor build quality (the mounting of the electronics on the instructor helmet breaks very often) and sometimes the electronics go crazy (weird squeals) or the thing just dies.

Is there an alternate solution to Chatterbox with electronics mounted to the instructor helmet and builtin-able mic+headphones for the instructor? This would be ideal for me as an instructor because I need to be able to switch between cars easily.

TIA, CIA, etc

fred
Old 05-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I fabricated a metal piece to replace the plastic piece that constantly breaks on the bracket. I'm just dealing with the Chatterbox. I too only want an on helmet type unit.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Just tried Rosso with earbuds. Wow, much more clear and only used half volume.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:18 PM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone try a Bluetooth communicator? I just bought a setup for my motorcycle. Great sound, no wires. Clear as can be. And has range of nearly 1/2 mile, meaning should work for lead/follow

Works on bikes, will be trying at a DE next month
Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Trackprincess
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grrrmonster
Anyone try a Bluetooth communicator? I just bought a setup for my motorcycle. Great sound, no wires. Clear as can be. And has range of nearly 1/2 mile, meaning should work for lead/follow

Works on bikes, will be trying at a DE next month
My man and I have them and they work great. Very clear and as long as we are within sight of each other works great. They allow for 4 of us to communicate at one time. As he is a instructor and I am a student they are great for lead follows. He personally doesn’t use them with his other students but a instructor buddy of his does but you have to take the time to install each time.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:16 AM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Who has the Rosso line in the US ? Stable site looks unpopulated for Rosso now.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:17 AM
mlct
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Rosso is now called Zero Noise so they are under a different section on the Stable site.

https://www.stableenergies.com/Zero-Noise/products/603/

Have had good luck with their Intrepid model so far. The cables are way too long as they are setup for a permanent installation and it would be nice if they were replaceable but so far so good.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:05 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Got it, thanks.

Have the basic student headsets for $79 worked ok for you guys, just driver to passenger instructor purposes. I'll probably add the power line noise canceller and a lighter power adapter.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I have a small amount of interference noise on mine with the student headset - only noticeable in the pits.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
I have a small amount of interference noise on mine with the student headset - only noticeable in the pits.
You using battery power or direct wire with noise cancelling? Battery for easy car changes I assume?
Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimits
You using battery power or direct wire with noise cancelling? Battery for easy car changes I assume?
Battery power.

Quick Reply: DE Communicator