Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

School comparison: AMG vs Porsche vs Bertil Roos vs HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,790 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Originally Posted by chartersb
PCA requires 12 signed off solo days with PCA (or BMWCCA) as well as the region's Chief Instructor sign off. Track exercises are helpful but more solo laps with the fastest group are better. Tell your region's chief instructor that you want to go PCA Club Racing and let him (or her) help guide you. Your write-up was objective and informative, excellent work. Good luck
I've always found it interesting that the minimum number of days required to club race is typically so low, yet several dozens of days are typically required to be in the fastest DE groups.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:35 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I've always found it interesting that the minimum number of days required to club race is typically so low, yet several dozens of days are typically required to be in the fastest DE groups.
It is a minimum requirement to apply.

The DE Chair will not sign off someone who is not capable of running in the black run group.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

This is a great write up and a fun learning experience. Thanks so much for doing this!
Old 08-12-2020, 03:43 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 51 Posts

WOW. Completely fantastic write up, and hugely informative for my upcoming time at Birmingham doing Porsche's Performance, Masters, and Masters RS courses. I've got a question for anyone who's been through a training like this who might have brought a GoPro or other video accessory for in-car recording. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this... mounting position recommendations, what worked for you, what didn't, what you'd do next time. I've been a photographer/videographer for my entire adult life, so setting something up requires very little mental bandwidth for me, and won't distract from the real task at hand. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:35 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by bradStyle
WOW. Completely fantastic write up, and hugely informative for my upcoming time at Birmingham doing Porsche's Performance, Masters, and Masters RS courses. I've got a question for anyone who's been through a training like this who might have brought a GoPro or other video accessory for in-car recording. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this... mounting position recommendations, what worked for you, what didn't, what you'd do next time. I've been a photographer/videographer for my entire adult life, so setting something up requires very little mental bandwidth for me, and won't distract from the real task at hand. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they wont let you place a camera inside...they do have cameras on most cars ( last year the GT3RS didn't have cameras) and at the end of the course they give you a USB memory stick with all the videos
Old 08-14-2020, 02:30 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I'm pretty sure they wont let you place a camera inside...they do have cameras on most cars ( last year the GT3RS didn't have cameras) and at the end of the course they give you a USB memory stick with all the videos

I am at Barber this weekend. I’ll check with Cass, but I am pretty sure it’s a no-go. There are camera systems and you get a USB stick. I can show you sample videos if needed.

The GT3RS I drove last year had cameras, but of course mine only recorded telematics, not the forward view. Broken.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:27 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
I am at Barber this weekend. I’ll check with Cass, but I am pretty sure it’s a no-go. There are camera systems and you get a USB stick. I can show you sample videos if needed.

Cass says no go on the GoPro

Quick Reply: School comparison: AMG vs Porsche vs Bertil Roos vs HPDE