Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone has a 360 Challenge track car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Sancho22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone has a 360 Challenge track car?

I would like tolerant more about your experience, maintenance, etc.

I red a fair amount about different models, street car maintenance etc. but not much on dedicated track cars.

Please either post or PM me I would really like to learn. Had some P-cars, including a 2004 GT3 as track cars in the past.
Thanks in advance!
Laz
Old 10-25-2018, 10:24 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 275 Posts

I've owned and raced a 355 Challenge and a 430 Challenge, not the 360, but ran for years in the CCR with them on track. Bottom line, they are a lot of fun and rewarding to drive but certainly not the most economical route to take.

For starters, they are not street legal. So factor in a trailering solution just to get to the track. The engines are reliable, so that is a major plus. But the transmission on the 360 is a notable weak point and you will fight it with regards to reliability. The cars are very sensitive to set-up, so you need to stay on top of the alignment, the health of the bushings, and the life of the tires. Big drop off in performance as tires heat cycle. OK if just messing around on track, but racing is expensive as new rubber is requirement.

Maintenance and repair gets tricky unless you have a Leonardo or the factory computer, so for most it is not a DIY car.

Should something break or you hit something, parts are expensive and in short supply.

But yes, they are a blast to drive and make wonderful sounds. Make sure the one you are looking at has had some aero work done on it (splitters and spoilers) as they can be a handful without it.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Sancho22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks a bunch! I have a trailer and a close friend with capable track/racing oriented service crew.

Not racing just having fun on the track would be the goal. I agree fully on the aero updates - thanks again!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

i hear wire harnesses are troublesome with age.

Quick Reply: Anyone has a 360 Challenge track car?