Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to a dedicated track car

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:28 AM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My suggestion, if it hasn’t been said before, is to look for a used pro built car. I believe PWC and IMSA have listings for used cars. You get a car that’s been incredibly well developed, for a fraction of the cost.

I also tend to agree, e46 M3 is probably the best platform out today (which you won’t find from pro team anymore), but plenty of other good ones out.

Guessing a civic isn’t interesting to you, but for example:https://race.world-challenge.com/adv...a-honda-civic/

Old 11-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks for the insight everyone!

Here's my plan for the next season: I keep my 991.2 C2S but don't track it as often but jump through the hoops to earn my racing license in PCA. Meanwhile I learn and see what is the most common race car in my area between 944 and Spec Boxster and will choose accordingly either during the season or next fall.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:40 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Although you maybe tempted by James sale below. A buddy of mine bought one of his e46’s and is a remarkable car.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/About-Us/Cars-for-Sale/
Old 11-23-2018, 02:50 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Inrev

Here's my plan for the next season: I keep my 991.2 C2S but don't track it as often but jump through the hoops to earn my racing license in PCA. Meanwhile I learn and see what is the most common race car in my area between 944 and Spec Boxster and will choose accordingly either during the season or next fall.
Good plan. No need to spend too much time researching the most popular PCA class in your area. Just go to http://pcaclubracing.org and count the cars in the most popular classes for the last few years at the tracks which you intend to race on. The sooner you get your race car the less you will abuse your C2S, the faster you will learn, and the easier you will go through the hoops to get your PCA racing license. Good luck!

Old 11-28-2018, 08:50 PM
dlwasser12
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out the 1994 968 SP3 car that I have for sale on the racing forum, car is well sorted, fast and reliable ...no expense spared and it won't break the bank to run the car.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Inrev

Solid plan. Let us know how it goes

Quick Reply: Moving to a dedicated track car