Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Driving Days at former Formula 1 circuit of Dijon-Prenois. Feedback welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:17 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Porsche Driving Days at former Formula 1 circuit of Dijon-Prenois. Feedback welcome.

Here's a video I have made with some highlights of one of the seven passes I did on my 991.2 GTS cabriolet during the Porsche Driving Days jointly held a month ago by the Porsche centers of Geneva and Bern (Switzerland) at the former Formula 1 circuit of Dijon-Prenois in France (that's right; Dijon, like the mustard). A long-time motorsports fan and occasional living room sim racer, I only started joining track days about one year and a half ago; first time was on my DD Macan GTS and thereafter on the 911 GTS, and I have the firm intention to run some Porsche Driver's Challenges next year, so I've been joining quite a few track days with the Porsche Club of Geneva this year trying to have as much instructor time as possible, plus said Porsche Driving Day, and three weeks ago I obtained the right to get the Swiss national racing license by successfully passing a two-day course at the Hockenheim circuit.

Another of my hobbies being (very amateur) video editing, the video is captured using three cameras (an iPhone X on a suction cup holder on the windscreen, also capturing telemetry using the Track Precision app), a GoPro hero session 5 recording from behind the driver's seat, and an iPhone 6 recording the action behind the car). The audio is a mix of the GoPro and iPhone 6 sound tracks. There are some nice cars on the track (GT2 RS, GT3 RS, a GT4 clubsport...) and I was fortunate enough to record some nice moments happening in front of me, like three GT3 (RS) racing each other in parallel on the main straight.

I've seen that there are quite a lot a of experienced drivers in the community, and I would be very happy to receive some tips and critical input about my driving (thanks in advance to anyone caring to do so). I'm joining another track day next weekend, and I'm looking forward to make some additional progress, even if modest.

Quick Reply: Porsche Driving Days at former Formula 1 circuit of Dijon-Prenois. Feedback welcome.