Sponsored by:

Racing Carabiners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:59 PM
dct911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing Carabiners

Didn't see a good fit for this question.

I'm fitting new harnesses that I have and the fit is tight in my car, and noticed the Sparco harnesses can be purchased with a carabiner system for attaching to mounting brackets. They're the only ones I've seen with this option, and wonder if anyone knows where I can find the carabiner separately. I've searched with no luck so hoping someone here has a suggestion. The reason I am interested is that the carabiner seems to be a much easier install/removal option compared to standard clip-in style, particularly if you use safety wire to ensure they remain closed. I have a street legal car, so the mounting points will be used for both street and track belts. I can't get through tech inspection with a single set of harnesses that work for both street and track (5-point min on track, traditional release buckle for street). Any suggestions appreciated. My current setup is a 6-point system for track, and a 4-point ASM style for street. Since I have no air bags, I'm not inclined to use the OEM for street and the seats are fixed back, and don't have original mounting points anyway.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:56 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Can you provide a link for this. That is an interesting concept as pulling them tight is sometimes difficult!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:28 PM
dct911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to the Sparco setup with carabiners - https://www.sparcousa.com/6-point-3-hans-steel

They're FIA, so the carabiner use has to have been tested. Just frustrated I can't find the actual carabiners separate. Can't imagine there's anything unique about the belt that allows them to be used together.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 AM
serickson
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see these listed in Schroth hardware catalog without a part number. I just ordered a new harness yesterday from Stable Energies who were very knowledgeable and helpful. Any good distributor should be able to answer your question.

Steve

Quick Reply: Racing Carabiners