0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Singapore Grand Prix 🇸🇬 Who Will Win?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts
Default Singapore Grand Prix 🇸🇬 Who Will Win?

23 turns, 5,000 gear changes per race, big G’s and big heat - never a dull moment in Singapore.

Will this year’s track tweaks yield another crazy race?

Last edited by Nizer; 09-12-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:45 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

5000 gear changes per lap??? That's about 217 gear changes per corner. Seems kinda high, but what do I know, my car has PDK.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJorgen
5000 gear changes per lap??? That's about 217 gear changes per corner. Seems kinda high, but what do I know, my car has PDK.
Good catch. Meant per race and the actual estimate is 4,880; 70 per lap.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:12 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
big heat - never a dull moment in Singapore.
And under the lights yet; these guys will be dying out there I pick whoever's in the best shape and hope their car lasts the race.

Gary
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Vettel recovers from the disaster at Monza, gets pole, and leads every lap to take the win. Kimi is visibly saddened by being released from Ferrari and tries his best, but can only manage fourth. Hammy gets second, while Max gets the last step on the podium.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:22 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Kimi is going to drive in beast mode and win it!
Old 09-13-2018, 03:59 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

If I could seen one more Shoei like in my avatar, I'd be a very happy man, but with a new engine and starting near the rear, it's likely we've seen our last one ever... especially with 5000 gear changes per race, it's hard to imagine the Renault engine/gearbox lasting that long....

Vettel admits that he is his worst enemy..

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...OiGg4gS2i.html
Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Gotta luv Kimi. From today's press conference:

Q: Kimi, if we could start with you please. You’ve been generating a few column inches this past week. Can you just talk us through what happened and why you’re on the move next year?

Kimi RAIKKONEN: I guess you know what happened. I don’t know what else you want to know. This is what happened. As we’ve said many times before, it’s not up to me, it’s not my decision in the end. Anything after that is obviously my decision but this is the outcome. At least we have an outcome.

Q: You say it wasn’t your decision to leave Ferrari, but it was your decision to go back to Sauber, so just talk us through why you're doing that?

KR: Why not.

Q: What is it about the team? On current form there is quite a performance differential between Ferrari and Sauber, so what have you been told…

KR: Yeah, but then there’s a lot of differences between all the cars, you know. If you take other teams, there are not many cars, if you take this year, that are on the same level. That’s how it has always been. I mean, see what happens in the future so…

Q: But, Kimi, what have you been told about the performance? Tell us why you want to go back to Sauber?

KR: Because I want to. Why do you try to make it so complicated? I don’t know anything more than you guys, purely where they have been finishing. Obviously I don’t know what will happen next year, nobody knows what will happen next year when it comes to the speeds of the cars and the teams and obviously we can always guess but we will see what we can do. Obviously I have my reasons and that’s enough for me. I don’t really care what others think and as long as I’m happy with my own reasons, it’s enough for me.

Q: And you’re still passionate about racing? The fire…

KR: No, I’m not actually. Just by pure head games for you guys I happened to sign and I’m going to spend two years there just not being happy.

Well, Kimi, thanks for the insight.

KR: No worries.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...kO6CqyACQ.html
Old 09-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

Gotta luv Kimi. From today's press conference:

Q: Kimi, if we could start with you please. You’ve been generating a few column inches this past week. Can you just talk us through what happened and why you’re on the move next year?

Kimi RAIKKONEN: I guess you know what happened. I don’t know what else you want to know. This is what happened. As we’ve said many times before, it’s not up to me, it’s not my decision in the end. Anything after that is obviously my decision but this is the outcome. At least we have an outcome.

Q: You say it wasn’t your decision to leave Ferrari, but it was your decision to go back to Sauber, so just talk us through why you're doing that?

KR: Why not.

Q: What is it about the team? On current form there is quite a performance differential between Ferrari and Sauber, so what have you been told…

KR: Yeah, but then there’s a lot of differences between all the cars, you know. If you take other teams, there are not many cars, if you take this year, that are on the same level. That’s how it has always been. I mean, see what happens in the future so…

Q: But, Kimi, what have you been told about the performance? Tell us why you want to go back to Sauber?

KR: Because I want to. Why do you try to make it so complicated? I don’t know anything more than you guys, purely where they have been finishing. Obviously I don’t know what will happen next year, nobody knows what will happen next year when it comes to the speeds of the cars and the teams and obviously we can always guess but we will see what we can do. Obviously I have my reasons and that’s enough for me. I don’t really care what others think and as long as I’m happy with my own reasons, it’s enough for me.

Q: And you’re still passionate about racing? The fire…

KR: No, I’m not actually. Just by pure head games for you guys I happened to sign and I’m going to spend two years there just not being happy.

Well, Kimi, thanks for the insight.

KR: No worries.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...kO6CqyACQ.html
I certainly hope that when the day comes for Kimi to hang up his driving suit that he will consider doing color commentary for F1.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:10 AM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

There sure is going to be a big hole left in F1 when this Kimi character eventually retires. It's no wonder he has a lot of fans.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:39 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

Did not expect Ferrari to get locked out of the front row .

Genuinely curious whether starting alongside Max is a good thing.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Gotta give that to the Hamster fair and square. He scurried around the maze PDQ. Should be an interesting start tomorrow....

Comments about Seb having to think for the team were interesting.

Last edited by Nizer; 09-16-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

Should be an interesting start tomorrow....
I'm guessing if Max goes for it in T1 that the Hamster will yield. A DNF could almost wipe out that 30 point lead.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:04 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I'm guessing if Max goes for it in T1 that the Hamster will yield. A DNF could almost wipe out that 30 point lead.
Much more likely Vettel and Vercrashen get into it at the first corner trying to win the race at the first turn. Which is normally how Singapore turns out.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:16 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd call Max Emilian for the win but I'm not sure that engine cutting out, coasting resets and a remap attempt to cure with less power is normal for the Renault....

I'll give the powerplant 10 laps, but Verstappen P1 after 1st lap.

Alsonso will be leading at lap 10.

1st car to not be on hypersoft.

T

Quick Reply: Singapore Grand Prix 🇸🇬 Who Will Win?