Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for 997!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 10:13 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 664 Likes on 370 Posts
Default New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for 997!

Gents, I wanted to make 997 owners aware that the same boundary-pushing AP Racing Radi-CAL brake technology that the Porsche 911 RSR leveraged to win Le Mans this summer is now available for your car! We had a hugely successful launch of our kit for the 991 GT3 this spring, and decided to expand our lineup into the 997 market. Our brake systems will drop your lap times, increase your consistency, and lower unsprung weight, all while reducing your long-term running costs.

How is this possible? AP Racing's patented Radi-CAL calipers and J Hook discs employ technology that was previously reserved for elite professional race teams. Our systems are lighter, stiffer, run cooler, and cost less to maintain than conventional brake components of yesteryear. They are a far superior option vs. taking the OEM equipment from a different Porsche model and bolting them to your car. They're also so light, that they offer unsprung weight savings that approach PCCB territory, without all of the headaches and cost associated with carbon ceramic systems.

You can read all about the technology, owner feedback, etc. in our recent launch thread on the 991 GT3 forum:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1031477-new-product-essex-ap-racing-front-and-rear-complete-radi-cal-gt3-brake-kit-finally.html

Here are some quotes from our other customers who have recently installed our Radi-CAL kit:
The pedal feel over the ceramics is unbelievable. I drove the ceramics for nearly an hour at my last event in order to heat them up for some feel and that was still nowhere close to this setup from the start. My two favorite experiences were catching an '18 GT3 in the hands of an excellent driver, not in a corner or on a straight but under braking. My other favorite was having folks come up and look specifically under the car to see what kind of cheater parts I am using. Truly satisfying, both of those.
"I’m out at Summit Point with the AP Radi-CAL setup on my GT3RS. Soooooo much better pedal modulation than my PCCB!"
I find the AP Radi-CAL brake kit for my 991.2 GT3 to be fantastic. Seems to be very durable, with constant and consistent feedback even when pads are wearing-down to the last few millimeters. I also usually "win" my track day or at least am one of the fastest two or three cars at the event (even among F430 Challenge Cars and 996 Cup Cars). I've logged over 15,000 miles at Watkins and know the track quite well.
If you are serious about using your car regularly on track these are worth consideration, as you already know having full confidence in your abilities and your vehicle is paramount to safety and speed when it comes to track days. After hearing of horror stories of people burning up their factory brake setups i knew long term I would need a better solution. I did some simple math on cost comparison between replacing factory pads and rotors vs. the AP competition kit and was instantly drawn to the cost effectiveness.
" I have to say - the system is amazing. I couldn't be happier with the brakes on that car. In fact, I upgraded from Brembo race setup to the Radical; and quite the upgrade."
Our systems for the 997 are very similar, and can be seen in detail in the links below. These systems will fit all 997 except GT3 and base 997.1. FYI…we will be launching similar systems for the 997.1 and 997.2 GT3 very soon!

Front CP9661/372mm for Porsche 997
https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...mm-997-981-718

RearCP9449/365mm for Porsche 997
https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...cp9449-365-997

These 997 systems will start shipping next week, and we are currently accepting orders for them.

Please let me know what questions you have, and thanks for your consideration.

Below are some pics of our systems for other Porsche chassis. You can see them on lots of other cars and see owner feedback and reviews on our Essex Blog:
https://www.essexparts.com/news-blog

Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Last edited by JRitt@essex; 08-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for 997!