Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Racers: Toyo Proxes T1-S as rain tire?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004 | 05:23 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Danny,

I'm going to try out the RA-1s, 245/40-18s front and 275/35-18s rear, mounted on 996 C4S "Turbo" wheels (8" and 11"). After more research than I expected, this seems to be the best bet at the time. I've heard that the Hoosier DOT rain tires are due in "Summer", so I may try those out when they are available.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about the rain much, but I'm going to TWS and I know it rained last year. Better safe than sorry!

Are you going to be at TWS? I'd like to check out your car, which I enjoyed reading about on the 993 board. I'm also hoping to meet you and other HWFM team members who are there.
Old 01-26-2004 | 07:02 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Skip in Boulder
Hi Danny,

I'm going to try out the RA-1s, 245/40-18s front and 275/35-18s rear, mounted on 996 C4S "Turbo" wheels (8" and 11"). After more research than I expected, this seems to be the best bet at the time. I've heard that the Hoosier DOT rain tires are due in "Summer", so I may try those out when they are available.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about the rain much, but I'm going to TWS and I know it rained last year. Better safe than sorry!

Are you going to be at TWS? I'd like to check out your car, which I enjoyed reading about on the 993 board. I'm also hoping to meet you and other HWFM team members who are there.
Excellent! I think you are coming down for the race in March right?
Yeap I will be there as well as Robert I believe ,probably Glen from Dallas as well. Yes last year it rained on qualifying and it was dry during the races. TWS is very tricky if it rains, a couple of turns are murder and on turn 9 there is a nice wall waiting... Also the banked straight unfortunately creates streams of water running down the track like small rivers and that is right there when you need to dive for turn 1 at high speed...
Pray that it does NOT rain!!!
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:58 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Danny,

Yes, I'll be at TWS, along with quite a few other Club Racers from Colorado. Last year only one made it down as the rest were snowed-in, so we're hoping for better weather this year.

I met Glen and Jay at Hallett last fall, and look forward to meeting others. PCA Club Racers as a group are great folks, and HWFM members are an awesome bunch.

Thanks to all for the information and suggestions on tires.

Quick Reply: Club Racers: Toyo Proxes T1-S as rain tire?