Sponsored by:

hyper car or factory pro driver development

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 03:04 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Default hyper car or factory pro driver development

Has anyone participated in factory led driver development programs (not necessarily racing) and would be willing to share the experience through a phone call.

specifically I am looking for experiences with Ferrari FXX or similar programs by Porsche or hypercar manufacturers

please PM me.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:08 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

It's a lot of fun and a lot of money. If you want to be a better driver there's better/cheaper/faster ways to go about it.

-mike
Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I am sure it is fun and unfortunately I am not going to do it..... but I still like to talk to a few people who went through to learn how it worked, what they liked, what worked what didn't etc as I might have the opportunity to assist in creating such a program and like to be prepared for it.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:22 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,339 Likes on 1,895 Posts

In my experience, hypercar “experience and education” programs do not include the over-arching continuity, science and commitment that factory competition driver development programs do.

McLaren started it in F1 twenty-five plus years ago before Red Bull unveiled this process in the public sphere. Porsche was the pacesetter in SuperCup National series and professional GT racing, but Mazda has been at it seriously on the aspiring amateur side for more than fifteen years.

Now, most factory supported GT programs and big private teams have serious programs to identify and nurture talent. Lamborghini, BMW, Mercedes and others all do this.

Nissan and Sony PlayStation’s program, all the top team feeder series team support, it’s amazing how the science and technology of talent identification and driver development has progressed.

Quick Reply: hyper car or factory pro driver development