Sponsored by:

HPR 6-Hour Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 09:08 AM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel

it required a recovery period, but I won the inaugural WRL 24 (at HPR) in 2016 in a fully PCA legal SPB.
The series has upped its game a bit and a 2.5L SPB is overmatched in GP1 class. Add ballast and run in GP2.
Point being, the SPB was perfectly capable and successful. There are still a number of SPBs running WRL.
AND.... We have better prizes that WRL.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 714evo
AND.... We have better prizes that WRL.
True.
Pit stop rules need to be changed in PCA though. They completely remove a key component of endurance races (how quickly/well one can execute a pit stop).
Old 09-09-2018, 09:02 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel

True.
Pit stop rules need to be changed in PCA though. They completely remove a key component of endurance races (how quickly/well one can execute a pit stop).
maybe in the future.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

maybe in the future.
that would be a great change
Old 09-17-2018, 09:02 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

A HUGE THANK YOU to all the Super Enduro Drivers, PCA National Staff, and the Rocky Mountain Region for hosting the inaugural 6-Hour Super Enduro at High Plain Raceway this past Sunday.
We had a great endurance race involving driving teams, pit strategy and execution, mechanical issues, and overall good driving on all levels.
We had 14 teams registered for the race. Two teams bailed out before the race weekend, leaving 12 teams. Two teams had trouble during the regular race sprints and were not able to compete in the enduro.
Ten teams started the race, and nine finished the race. That shows the reliability of the Porsche.
The overall winning spot was up for contention until the end. There was hard, solid, and respectful driving from all teams.
Everyone had a great time and a great race, along with some great prizes and swag!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 PM
futurz
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A HUGE THANK YOU to all the Super Enduro Drivers, PCA National Staff, and the Rocky Mountain Region for hosting the inaugural 6-Hour Super Enduro at High Plain Raceway this past Sunday.
We had a great endurance race involving driving teams, pit strategy and execution, mechanical issues, and overall good driving on all levels.
We had 14 teams registered for the race. Two teams bailed out before the race weekend, leaving 12 teams. Two teams had trouble during the regular race sprints and were not able to compete in the enduro.
Ten teams started the race, and nine finished the race. That shows the reliability of the Porsche.
The overall winning spot was up for contention until the end. There was hard, solid, and respectful driving from all teams.
Everyone had a great time and a great race, along with some great prizes and swag!
^^^^^ This!!
Plus a huge thank you to all the sponsors and especially Matt from Guard Transmission who stepped up as a major supporter of the Super Enduro.
Our out of town racers loved the track. We hope they spread the word and next year the event could even be better!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:06 AM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Default THANK YOU TO SUPER ENDURO SPONSORS!

Originally Posted by futurz
^^^^^ This!!
Plus a huge thank you to all the sponsors and especially Matt from Guard Transmission who stepped up as a major supporter of the Super Enduro.
Our out of town racers loved the track. We hope they spread the word and next year the event could even be better!
OMG, YES.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS FOR THE 6-HOUR ENDURO. WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD THE RACE WITHOUT YOU!
RACERS, THESE COMPANIES SUPPORT YOUR RACE PROGRAM. THEY HAVE GREAT PRODUCTS TAILORED SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU AND YOUR RACE CAR.
PLEASE SUPPORT THEM WITH YOUR BUSINESS.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO:
GUARD TRANSMISSION
HOOSIER RACE TIRES
TOYO TIRES
SUNOCO FUEL
COBALT FRICTION TECHNOLOGIES
MILLER OIL/RACERS EDGE
PENNGRADE OIL
TRAQGEAR

THANK YOU!!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

How about running the six hour on a east coast venue, Mid Ohio?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:04 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Suggestion
6 Hour Enduro at Sebring on Friday evening of the PCA Club Race.
ok, I admit that I did not think of this. Merely copying a successful proven idea that HSR already does at Sebring.
I did this race a few years ago. Stujelly was in that one, too.
The race started after the regular practice schedule was complete on Friday (so no lost track time). Optional to all registered cars/drivers that weekend for small fee. Started in the light, ended in the dark.

Lots and lots of cars participated - it was easy to get drivers to sign up as they were already going to be there.

FWIW Sebring at night is awesome. I've done 3 or 4 night events at Sebring and just loved them.

You want a successful enduro with LOTS of participation?
Here you go!
You're welcome.

Last edited by GT3DE; 09-18-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Would love to do this. Colorado too far of a trek from NYC unfortunately. Hoping that it is a real success and PCA adds another mega-enduro or two to the 2019 calendar, ideally east of the Mississippi.
Colorado is unquestionably far from NYC, but basically you get on Route 80 and drive west. You know, drive to Pocono and keep going to Mid-Ohio...Then keep going. Where you turn off to go to Road America - ignore that...Keep going straight. Follow the Pony Express Route.

The road trip was part of the adventure and we had a great time.

Thanks for a terrific event. Friendly people, cool racetrack, great prizes. That September weather was a skosh warmer than I think anyone anticipated, but at least it wasn't rain!
Old 09-20-2018, 03:16 PM
futurz
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Food Angel
Colorado is unquestionably far from NYC, but basically you get on Route 80 and drive west. You know, drive to Pocono and keep going to Mid-Ohio...Then keep going. Where you turn off to go to Road America - ignore that...Keep going straight. Follow the Pony Express Route.

Thanks for a terrific event. Friendly people, cool racetrack, great prizes. That September weather was a skosh warmer than I think anyone anticipated, but at least it wasn't rain!
We appreciate you making the trip!
Old 09-21-2018, 12:35 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Food Angel

It's that bit between the turn off RA and when you see mountains again that drags on a bit. :-) I've done it. I think I'll fly next year.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:26 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
It's that bit between the turn off RA and when you see mountains again that drags on a bit. :-) I've done it. I think I'll fly next year.
The sadder part is, you never really see the mountains approaching HPR from the east (and then staying at the track, as we did)! Just one open dry grassy wasteland. Yes, a guy from NJ just called part of Colorado a wasteland. HA HA HA
Old 09-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You say wasteland, I say America's heartland....I saw a lot of cattle farms. Probably some good steak restaurants along that road!

I loved watching the scenery unfold, but then, I love a road trip. (Granted, I also flew TO Colorado and only did the trip home...)

Having good tunes and good company helps.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Having a bus helps too.

Quick Reply: HPR 6-Hour Enduro