Sponsored by:

Installing Sparco Evo seats - Can't swap over seat belt receptacle

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:36 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Installing Sparco Evo seats - Can't swap over seat belt receptacle

Hey guys, I also posted this in the 997 section as it gets way more traffic than the 997TT and HPDE sections. But you guys are probably the best resource on the site for this kind of question. While I search for a dedicated track car, I've picked up a Sparco Evo bucket seat to use for DE days in the meantime. The stock seats are adaptive sport seats.

I've run into a road block with swapping the seat belt receptacle over to the Sparco seat. The receptacle has the sensor hard wired inside the case, and the other end of the sensor wire terminates inside the wiring harness for the seat along with a bunch of other functions. There does not seem to be a way to remove the receptacle from the seat without cutting ALL the wires going into the yellow harness, and then attaching quick connects for reconnection when I put the stock seat back in between DE days. The yellow/blue wire I'm holding with my fingers below is the receptacle wire. The other wires go to other areas of the seat, and INTO the seat so they're not possible to disconnect from the other end.

There has to be tons of people out there with buckets in 997's that still use the factory 3 point belt for the street. Am I missing something obvious here? How do I get the receptacle swapped over to the race seat without hacking up the wiring underneath the oem seat?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

Old 07-14-2018, 02:44 PM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 987, the seat belt receptacle wire unplugged from that yellow plug. It's a bit hard to describe without pictures demonstrating it, but there is a mechanical sliding lock on the yellow plug.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:20 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dgm8138
On my 987, the seat belt receptacle wire unplugged from that yellow plug. It's a bit hard to describe without pictures demonstrating it, but there is a mechanical sliding lock on the yellow plug.

That's exactly what it was, cheers. Turns out it was all a moot point anyways, as I ended up having to order the GT2 folding LWB extended buckle - the original buckle isn't long enough to work with fixed back seats.

Flipped the original buckle over on the bolt in the meantime, so I can fasten the seatbelt between the seat and the center console until the longer buckle arrives on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Installing Sparco Evo seats - Can't swap over seat belt receptacle