Wife and son at Tremblant

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:40 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Default Wife and son at Tremblant

Need a bit of Renn Help...
My wife and my 15 y/o son will be accompanying me to the DE at Tremblant and we will be there from 7/4 to 7/9.
This is the first time I am bring any other family members to a DE.
My question (and theirs as well):
What can they do for fun/entertainment, etc. during the 3 days I am at the track?
We are staying at Le Westin in the ski village.
As for dinners, I will be with them so that's taken care of.
What activities are there for them during the 3 days I am driving on track?
Thanks for any and all suggestions and help.
DG
Old 06-25-2018, 10:47 AM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 101 Posts

Hi DG,

There are a lot of options, and the "getting ready" email you should have received from NER about the event has a link to them. I've copied that info below. Abi Lamay recently mentioned to me that there's a fabulous spa. My wife will be one of the non-driving folks and I think she'll be exploring such opportunities.
Bringing the family or non-driving partner?
Aside from the International Blues Festival, following is a list of activities for families or non-driving partners to do in and around the Mont Tremblant area: Mini golf, Indoor Water Park, Gondola, Ziplining, Bird show, Trampoline, Luge, Climbing wall, Beach at the lake, Lake boat cruise on Le Grand Manitou, Tram at the resort village, Dune buggy 4x4 tour, Rafting, and more.... If you need some personal suggestions, please reply to this e-mail and we'll put you in touch with the Northeast Region DE Social Team!And a terrific website for reservations, tickets and even more things to do can be found here: https://www.tremblantactivities.com/
Old 06-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 781 Likes on 507 Posts

In the resort their is a birds of pray show on the top of the mountain that is great. Scooter louge is great on the mountain. There is a place that does rafting, four wheeler excursions, and a host of other stuff.

My wife hasn't done the spa in the resort, but the Scandavian Spa out of the resort is great.

Oh, there are some great biking trails around. One goes from the village to the track.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:07 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I don't remember seeing a "getting ready" email from SC. I'll check again for that.

Thanks both for the suggestions. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub at the Westin, so they can chill there for a bit as well.

Matt, good suggestions and I will bring them up tonight when I see them later.

Wife and son are both diligently looking over the Tremblant related websites looking for stuff to do while I'm driving.

Are there any karting places open nearby? I thin there's one at the track but don't know if they operate during track days. (for cars).

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks....
Old 06-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 781 Likes on 507 Posts

There is a good kart place you pass on the way in.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:21 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Spa Scandinavie, is on the right on the way in before you get to the first circle...the place is freakin' amazing! Golf is big up there too, if you want to bring clubs.......a few lakes in the area, not sure about renting kayaks, there is a bicycle shop in the village, they probably do rentals........
Old 06-25-2018, 06:15 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Need a bit of Renn Help...
My wife and my 15 y/o son will be accompanying me to the DE at Tremblant and we will be there from 7/4 to 7/9.
This is the first time I am bring any other family members to a DE.
My question (and theirs as well):
What can they do for fun/entertainment, etc. during the 3 days I am at the track?
We are staying at Le Westin in the ski village.
As for dinners, I will be with them so that's taken care of.
What activities are there for them during the 3 days I am driving on track?
Thanks for any and all suggestions and help.
DG

DG,
I did the same 3 years ago with wife and kids--stayed at Westin also...2 days with Boston BMW CCA---nice weather, beautiful scenery and track is awesome...you will love it.

sound restrictions, so if you have aftermarket exhaust, be aware.

hopefully Lance Stroll's dad, Larry, will be there and parade his Ferrari collection out for the group....

lots of things for family to do while you are at the track...hiking ski hills, gondola ride up---hike down, biking around the base of the mountain, the village and into town......falconry show at the top of the mountain (sounds hokey, but was actually pretty cool),. lots of water sports at the lake just beneath the pedestrian village...kayaking, boat rental, paddle board, canoe's, a small beach, etc...

lots of nice places to eat in the village also. Poutine!!

Old 06-26-2018, 12:16 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KevinGross
Hi DG,

There are a lot of options, and the "getting ready" email you should have received from NER about the event has a link to them. I've copied that info below. Abi Lamay recently mentioned to me that there's a fabulous spa. My wife will be one of the non-driving folks and I think she'll be exploring such opportunities.
Bringing the family or non-driving partner?Aside from the International Blues Festival, following is a list of activities for families or non-driving partners to do in and around the Mont Tremblant area: Mini golf, Indoor Water Park, Gondola, Ziplining, Bird show, Trampoline, Luge, Climbing wall, Beach at the lake, Lake boat cruise on Le Grand Manitou, Tram at the resort village, Dune buggy 4x4 tour, Rafting, and more.... If you need some personal suggestions, please reply to this e-mail and we'll put you in touch with the Northeast Region DE Social Team!And a terrific website for reservations, tickets and even more things to do can be found here: https://www.tremblantactivities.com/
Hi Kevin,

When did you get this email? When did you get yours?
Thanks...
DG

Quick Reply: Wife and son at Tremblant