Sponsored by:

Phoenix CMR

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Phoenix CMR

Back from a great two-day event @ WGI......weather was nigh on perfect for both days Advanced group was stocked with loads of Mustangs and Corvettes as well as Porsches, BMWs and a couple stock cars to boot; all very fast and all for the most part very well driven. Lots of action for the smaller-bore cars in the group, including yours truly in the Mini who managed to have a great time exploring new boundaries of slip angle while at the same time staying out of the way (and was told as much by more than one driver ). Large Canadian contingent made it down including a couple 'Listers (nice driving, Peter and Scott!)....

So big to Wendy and Andy following their late father's lead in putting together a nice, low-key event with lots of track time. Would love to see them get another date @ the Glen.....

Gary
Old 06-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Mordeth
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heya Gary,

I was there in the blue Vette with the obnoxiously large wing. Fantastic driving on your part. You drove the tires right off that Mini. And you fit right in with all of the much higher horsepower cars. You have superb track awareness and were anticipating passes miles in advance. You were never once in the way, drove the crap out of that car and I felt perfectly safe with you in all corners at race speed. A very impressive display.

I really enjoy the format of Phoenix. Tons of track time, passing almost everywhere and in any direction, alot of respect by the organizers given to the drivers and all highly skilled. And no major incidents that I saw. I also like the format of the drivers meeting. It was literally 5 minutes long with no BS and straight to the point rules.

Anthony
#50 Blue C6Z
Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mordeth
Heya Gary,

I was there in the blue Vette with the obnoxiously large wing. Fantastic driving on your part. You drove the tires right off that Mini. And you fit right in with all of the much higher horsepower cars. You have superb track awareness and were anticipating passes miles in advance. You were never once in the way, drove the crap out of that car and I felt perfectly safe with you in all corners at race speed. A very impressive display.

I really enjoy the format of Phoenix. Tons of track time, passing almost everywhere and in any direction, alot of respect by the organizers given to the drivers and all highly skilled. And no major incidents that I saw. I also like the format of the drivers meeting. It was literally 5 minutes long with no BS and straight to the point rules.

Anthony
#50 Blue C6Z
Anthony, thanks so much for the kind words......gotta be able to quickly recognize and react to what's happening out there if you want to drive a car like mine with 121hp and street tires in a group full of screamers like yourself. I do remember your car; first, 'cos it's gorgeous and then because of the way you got that thing around after I would point you by. Yes, it's a fast, capable car, but it doesn't drive itself! Great driving at a great event

Today I paid the penalty for "driving the tires off" as you say....trashed the left front and flipped the other three on the rims. It was worth it

Gary

Last edited by gbuff; 06-14-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gbuff
Back from a great two-day event @ WGI......weather was nigh on perfect for both days Advanced group was stocked with loads of Mustangs and Corvettes as well as Porsches, BMWs and a couple stock cars to boot; all very fast and all for the most part very well driven. Lots of action for the smaller-bore cars in the group, including yours truly in the Mini who managed to have a great time exploring new boundaries of slip angle while at the same time staying out of the way (and was told as much by more than one driver ). Large Canadian contingent made it down including a couple 'Listers (nice driving, Peter and Scott!)....

So big to Wendy and Andy following their late father's lead in putting together a nice, low-key event with lots of track time. Would love to see them get another date @ the Glen.....

Gary
Hey Gary, great to finally meet you. It was a great event, the best CMR one I have been to yet... no rain!! See you at 6th Gear in a month or so.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:51 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Hey Scott (hope this is you ), likewise.......going up tomorrow for EA's day Tuesday. See you for 6thGear!

Gary
Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Hey Scott (hope this is you ), likewise.......going up tomorrow for EA's day Tuesday. See you for 6thGear!

Gary
Have fun Tuesday, looks like a relief from some of this crazy heat - Scott

Quick Reply: Phoenix CMR