Canadian Grand Prix - Who Will Win? w/poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 04:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,856 Likes on 1,678 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I saw a little of FP2 today and they showed Kvyat with "Ferrari" next to his name and he was wearing red. Is he a test driver for them now?????
Yep. They call him a "development driver." I think Leclerc or Fuoco would be better...

Good result!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Yep. They call him a "development driver." I think Leclerc or Fuoco would be better...

Good result!
Interesting choice for sure!

What was with the premature checkered flag?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

So the checkered flag was thrown prematurely by model Winnie Harlow: https://www.planetf1.com/news/canada...heckered-flag/

Apparently the same thing happened at the Chinese Grand Prix in 2014.

Doesn't the FIA tell the guest flagger WHEN to throw the checkered? How does this happen?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:06 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

Pretty boring race overall. I wonder if this is it for Hartley? I hope not, but he’s on thin ice and a Lap 1 retirement isn’t exactly what he needed. I’d put the blame 50/50 on him and Stroll, but it’s a DNF either way.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:45 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

That crash was all on Stroll. He oversteered, went wide and pinched Hartley into the wall. Hartely was having a decent weekend up to trhat point. Regardless, it may not be enough to retain his seat.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That crash was all on Stroll. He oversteered, went wide and pinched Hartley into the wall. Hartely was having a decent weekend up to trhat point. Regardless, it may not be enough to retain his seat.
I am so tired of Stroll and his whining on the radio all the time in his monotone voice. He had a flash of brilliance/luck when he podiumed last year but I think if it weren't for daddy's $$$ he would be gone.

I put the crash solely on Stroll. Hartley was already in there and Stroll just lost it.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Unfortunately, without Stroll's father's money, William F1 Racing may no longer be with us... That said, I don't know if Williams will survive in the next 3-5 years as it is.... There's a big difference from the 80s and 90s to today's F1.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm afraid Mercedes long wheel base design is not working at the advantage they had hoped this season . Ferrari/red bull chassis both seem better in all the twisty stuff and with engine development almost equal between Ferrari and Mercedes, its going to be difficult for MB in some of the upcoming races (i.e. Singapore). I fear they are going to get crushed at Singapore. Hopefully Lewis can get back to the top at the next round in France.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,801 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
+1

Track is great, race was boring.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:35 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

"Tell them not to wave the checkered flag when we're not done yet." Lol.

Seb dominates in Canada and takes the championship lead! We want more of that.

Charles Leclerc brings home more points while his teammate languishes at the back. Will he get Raikkonen's seat when he's done? Wave the checkered flag!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:10 PM
mbean
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It was interesting to see the graphic showing who was fastest on each sector during qualifying. They put it up on the big screen before the race Saturday and it showed that Ferrari was fastest in every straight, while Mercedes was fastest through all the turns. It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, the motor update will have for Mercedes. Ferrari had their update, but Hamilton was running the same motor he started with. Mercedes also goofed on their tire order which meant they didn't have as many ultrasofts as the other teams. The temp dropped during the day which helped Ferrari as well as Red Bull.
From what we saw on the track replays Stroll took out Hartley. There was no way he should have moved where and when he did. Too bad for Hartley, but that's racing I guess. The Formula 1600 races were great to watch. Got to talk to a bunch of drivers in the pits and they seem like a friendly bunch.
After watching the Ferrari Challenge we were wondering if there are any contact/bonehead rules like other groups have. It was one stupid crash after another, all caused by a drivers with more money than talent. It was the same thing the last two years that we've been there. The GT3 racers were noticeably more talented and had little contact, but Sunday's Ferrari Challenge lasted a whopping 11 total laps, more than half under the yellow. There were a few good drivers who were fun to watch but overall I've seen better driving at the demolition derby at our local fair!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

Ferrari challenge is always interesting, and not in a good way. There are a few great drivers (MacNeil is a pro BTW), but there is way too much asshattery tolerated. These are short races, and there is invariably contact - in practices. qualifying (!), and the races themselves. Doesn't make sense to me, but maybe FIAT and the dealers happy just to have the drivers $$$.

Porsche cup is different - I could only notice 1 or 2 really bad drivers in the field. That said, the economics of racing in Montreal clearly don't add up - I was glad to see Porsche, but it was a pitifully small field.

I can only surmise that it's extortionally expensive to race as an F1 support race here. Didn't bother the Fcar drovers apparently

Cheers

Matt

Quick Reply: Canadian Grand Prix - Who Will Win? w/poll