Sponsored by:

Where to stay for an event at NJMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:27 AM
marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Where to stay for an event at NJMP

HI Guys, I am going to be attending my first event at New Jersey Motorsports Park in July and am looking for recommendations on where to stay, doesn't need to be fancy but i will be arriving late evening so someplace safe to park my open trailer overnight before the event starts is important.

Thanks

Mark
Old 06-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by marcus1249
HI Guys, I am going to be attending my first event at New Jersey Motorsports Park in July and am looking for recommendations on where to stay, doesn't need to be fancy but i will be arriving late evening so someplace safe to park my open trailer overnight before the event starts is important.

Thanks

Mark
The suites at NJMP are perfect for what you are looking for... they were $99/nt last year not sure if they kept that rate. When you get a suite you get to bring your trailer in the night before as well which is a bonus.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM
ned911
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I would definitely try for the suites at the track. Been a long time since I've been to Millville but I'm pretty sure the nearest hotels are in Vineland which might be 30-40 minutes away but I'd be concerned taking a trailer to any of those locations. I have childhood friends who are retired police officers and it's turned into a rough town.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ned911
I would definitely try for the suites at the track. Been a long time since I've been to Millville but I'm pretty sure the nearest hotels are in Vineland which might be 30-40 minutes away but I'd be concerned taking a trailer to any of those locations. I have childhood friends who are retired police officers and it's turned into a rough town.
Nah, there are a couple of decent hotels right in Millville now as well as a shopping center and a couple of "decent" places to eat... I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn plenty of times with my open trailer and car on the back... I do like the Suites though, just convenient especially at lunch etc....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,223 Posts

There are a bunch of hotels in Millville/Vineland that are 10 minutes from the track.

Holiday Inn Express is nice and clean, and lots of Restaurants/Bars in the immediate area.

I just got back from ThunderBolt on Saturday after a 2 day DE and we stayed at The Country Inn in Millville, but that hotel will be closing in the next week or so to become an old age home, or something along those lines.

The hotels in Millville/Vineland are fine and close and clean.

Plenty of room for trailer parking as well.

Here is where we have stayed in the past:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...X-_-US-_-VNLCM

Clean and close to the track, and very reasonably priced. About 10-15 minutes from NJMP.

Have fun. Great little tracks for sure....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:17 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Also, for a great restaurant for dinner after a track day, try Andrea's on High Street in Millville. (Just don't **** off the owner's (chef's) wife..ask me how I know that!!)

The Oar House (which sounds like something else if you say it fast) is a great little irish Pub with decent food. Also on High Street.

Near the hotels, there are plenty of chain type restaurants and a few indy's as well, but def give Andrea's a shot if you have a bunch of folks to eat with. (Again, the chef owners wife should be tread lightly around).
Old 06-06-2018, 11:40 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,478 Likes on 1,960 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
There are a bunch of hotels in Millville/Vineland that are 10 minutes from the track.

Holiday Inn Express is nice and clean, and lots of Restaurants/Bars in the immediate area.

I just got back from ThunderBolt on Saturday after a 2 day DE and we stayed at The Country Inn in Millville, but that hotel will be closing in the next week or so to become an old age home, or something along those lines.

The hotels in Millville/Vineland are fine and close and clean.

Plenty of room for trailer parking as well.

Here is where we have stayed in the past:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...X-_-US-_-VNLCM

Clean and close to the track, and very reasonably priced. About 10-15 minutes from NJMP.

Have fun. Great little tracks for sure....
+1 for Holiday Inn Express
Old 06-06-2018, 11:50 AM
marcus1249
Racer

Thanks Guys! I'm going to look into the Suites on site (might be fun to stay right there) and the Holiday Inn Express and decide based on availability, now to spend some time on I racing learning the track!
Old 06-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,006 Likes on 601 Posts

I want to say that we stay at the closest Hampton Inn. It wasn't too far, but not too close. The best part was we passed 2 WaWa on the way in.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:53 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marcus1249
Thanks Guys! I'm going to look into the Suites on site (might be fun to stay right there) and the Holiday Inn Express and decide based on availability, now to spend some time on I racing learning the track!
Unless something has changed, The two NJMP tracks are not on I Racing...yet.

There is a non-graphic track of Thunderbolt (I believe), but NJMP has not been on I Racing as of a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I stay at Fairfield inn. It's nice and clean and they have a group rate for PCA.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fairfield Motor Inn- ask for HOD rate- shhh. 856 776 2400. Winfields wonderful restaurant- make reservations if still have any seats- at Fairfield ask for PCA rate -maybe the same ..
Old 06-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Unless something has changed, The two NJMP tracks are not on I Racing...yet.

There is a non-graphic track of Thunderbolt (I believe), but NJMP has not been on I Racing as of a couple weeks ago.
They had a "tech" version of Thunderbolt, is that gone??? They just never completed the externals but T-Bolt itself was modeled. Hope they didn't remove it!
Old 06-06-2018, 12:41 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
They had a "tech" version of Thunderbolt, is that gone??? They just never completed the externals but T-Bolt itself was modeled. Hope they didn't remove it!
I think it is still there, as of 2 weeks ago anyway.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:42 PM
marcus1249
Racer

Paul, that's what i recall from Iracing as well, it wasn't as pretty but it worked, I haven't checked in a while, i hope its still there

Quick Reply: Where to stay for an event at NJMP