Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rules Change Proposal PCA CR - Points for All Races/All racers who take the green

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Are you saying all these changes were accepted by PCA?
Nope -- that will come from PCA when they consider this along with all the other proposed changes. We do know Evan's proposals will receive consideration and that the number of comments in support (very high) for his proposals was noted, and I imagine will spur some discussion among the committee and officers. So I think the "popular racer support for a proposed change" box has been checked, but there are more boxes to check for a change to be adopted into the rules.

Hoping for the best, but of course there's a process to come. I can't imagine the committee can ignore this many racers asking for some relatively simply changes, but who knows.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:49 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
I can't imagine the committee can ignore this many racers asking for some relatively simply changes, but who knows.
I can. I hate to be a pessimist but the reason for having only two points races per event has been to keep all events equal. Nothing has changed there so I wouldn't count on it no matter how much support it gets.

Question: Are there any other events besides Lime Rock that only run two races?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:30 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Our voices have been heard, no need to submit any more requests, lets not flood the inbox any more

big thanks to everyone. Will update with anything else i hear

again thanks
Originally Posted by Fumes
Nope -- that will come from PCA when they consider this along with all the other proposed changes. We do know Evan's proposals will receive consideration and that the number of comments in support (very high) for his proposals was noted, and I imagine will spur some discussion among the committee and officers. So I think the "popular racer support for a proposed change" box has been checked, but there are more boxes to check for a change to be adopted into the rules.

Hoping for the best, but of course there's a process to come. I can't imagine the committee can ignore this many racers asking for some relatively simply changes, but who knows.
Why wouldn't we want to keep sending them emails in support? There are tons of club racers so even if they get 50 emails that only represents a fraction of the total number. Don't they need convincing?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Fumes
Racer

Not ignoring =! adopting

We are cautiously optimistic

Originally Posted by sbelles
I can. I hate to be a pessimist but the reason for having only two points races per event has been to keep all events equal. Nothing has changed there so I wouldn't count on it no matter how much support it gets.

Question: Are there any other events besides Lime Rock that only run two races?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Fumes
Racer

racers should comment if they havent, more the merrier, we just know high level of supprt has been noted

Why wouldn't we want to keep sending them emails in support? There are tons of club racers so even if they get 50 emails that only represents a fraction of the total number. Don't they need convincing?
Old 05-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by C4 Pazzo
I support those proposals, though I think the 12 highest points races should count rather than 10. Most PCA race events have 3 races, so there should be 50% more than the 8 that count now.
Like the proposals! I will send an email from all my different accounts on Monday

Except the 12 races thing. Some of us work you know . . .
Old 05-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts

I like what you and Fumes put together. I like the idea that all races (excluding the fun race) should have points awarded. I think that will eliminate the instances where someone uses it just as qualifying for the first points race, and retires after posting a good lap. I would also add that for a fast lap to count in race one, the driver must finish. I don't see the logic in allowing a driver who doesn't take the checkered flag, to start the first points race in front of 10 guys who did finish the race.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:55 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

These make a lot of sense. I emailed the rules cmte with my support. Thanks for putting together.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:58 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

The excuse for not doing this "all races are points races" has always been Limerock [only 2 races]. Screw Limerock.
Tough cookies.
I don't go to Limerock for many reasons - short track, no nearby lodging, too cold, in anti 2A Connecticut, and only 2 races.
Again, tough cookies.
How about add another mile of track, build some hotels, move event to summer, kick out the libertard politicians, and add another race?!
lol.
Tough cookies.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I sent my email - hope they are listening.

They can debate the other rules but the proposal for point for all cars who take the green just makes sense. I can't see why they don't implement that. If the other driver crashes or breaks his/her car than that is a result of racing hard and you beat them. Sure, sometimes you can get lucky with this, and no one knows better than me when I ran out of gas on the last lap of an enduro that I was winning, but it seems less fair to not have this rule.

I also snuck in a comment asking to move the Lime Rock Race to a more suitable time. It is a safety issue to be out on slicks in 35 - 40 degree whether especially when some yahoos argue against taking an extra lap behind the pace car because they "just want to race".
Old 05-29-2018, 12:06 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3DE
The excuse for not doing this "all races are points races" has always been Limerock [only 2 races]. Screw Limerock.
Tough cookies.
I don't go to Limerock for many reasons - short track, no nearby lodging, too cold, in anti 2A Connecticut, and only 2 races.
Again, tough cookies.
How about add another mile of track, build some hotels, move event to summer, kick out the libertard politicians, and add another race?!
lol.
Tough cookies.
To let one single race control the whole calendar is problematic, and the cold is a big problem as well, however, the rest of your reasons are ridiculous. Most people are just afraid to put their big boy pants on at a track like Lime Rock.

And yeah, Connecticut does have a stupid libtarded government but there are plenty of patriots still here. VA is going down the sewer on 2A rights as well - https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...ernor-s-agenda

So come on up next year, bring your coat, and I'll watch your 6 with my arsenal! You are missing an awesome track.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:31 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Can we petition to add an Enduro to Lime Rock while we're at it?
Old 05-29-2018, 01:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brownan
Can we petition to add an Enduro to Lime Rock while we're at it?
No racing on Sunday is the reason for no enduro. They have problems fitting the sprints.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

No racing on Sunday is the reason for no enduro. They have problems fitting the sprints.
Oh I've heard the weak sauce rationales.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:20 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd love to understand how PCA got to the point where certain races where declared "Non-Point" eligible. I've sent notes to PCA and never received a response.

Quick Reply: Rules Change Proposal PCA CR - Points for All Races/All racers who take the green