Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first test day... handling troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018 | 09:33 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Most of us have found we like a .5 to .75 differential in camber front to rear on the 996 cars.

On thoae tires I’d run 3.0 front and 2.4 in the rear.
Old 05-07-2018 | 12:54 PM
gtred
Racer

I had a chance to do forensics on the car over the weekend. The suspension camber had changed a little one one corner, otherwise the alignment stayed as previously stated. However, it looks like the suspension guy got distracted when he set up the shocks. Compression and rebound were set at mid range (5/9) on one side of the car, while on the other side were set at full stiff (10/15)!!

I put the street tires on it, dialed back the sway bars and shocks then did some street driving to ball park some reasonableness to the settings. All is good now... except I really wish I had pony'd up for the remote adjusters... it would have saved a lot of laying on my back in the gravel alongside the road.

Edit: btw, how do you folks fit a 245 up front? Even with the 235's I shredded the inner liner and rubbed onto the front radiator bracket. I dialed back the castor from 8 to about 5 degrees in hopes of gaining a little clearance. But, it's still quite close. Do you modify the radiator bracket? Or, use some other voodoo black arts fittment?

Last edited by gtred; 05-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: first test day... handling troubles