Sponsored by:

Monticello Club Race 2018: Best Value on the East Coast

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:34 PM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
extra crew - how do we register extra crew? i got an email at 10pm last night reminding to register ALL crew, and but i couldnt seem to find where to add crew. looks like my reg was 'confirmed' and maybe that locks out chnages, anyone else run into this ??
Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
If you are locked out of your registration, just e-mail the registrar: raceregistrar@rtr-pca.org with names and when they will attend. She can add them and allow you to pay on CR.net.
I have sent 2 emails and no response. Is there another way to contact the race registrar?
Old 07-11-2018, 12:59 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 754 Likes on 373 Posts

I REALLY hope my tires are there...I called Woodman a couple weeks ago to order them. They said they took care of it (Which I do believe). For piece of mind, I called Bob Smart to confirm he had my order. Nope. But he said he'd see what was on the Hoosier Tire East truck on Monday. Called me Monday, no tires. So he had to special order them and have them shipped to the track.... Called Woodman back, who called Hoosier East, who CONFIRMED that the tires will be on the truck...which was an odd statement since supposedly the truck was already there!..wherever 'there' is...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-11-2018, 01:08 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

The same tire issue happened to a friend at Watkins Glen. Tires ordered and then they weren't on the truck. Not good.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:44 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Woodman forgot my tires at Sebring. Not good.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just talked to Nicole at Woodman - Hoosier East dropped the ball and is picking up the overnight delivery fee. She went out of her way to track this down even though they make no money on this sale. This is why I will miss them at the track - excellent customer service
Old 07-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,899 Likes on 978 Posts

Crickets? Certainly can't complain about the weather on this one.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Awesome event, food, weather, people, etc. Despite an electrical problem which took me out 5 laps into the enduro I had a blast. Well done to Riesentoter, Corey M, race chair, and MMC staff for putting on such a great event.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Fun weekend, getting back to 911 cup and PCA felt pretty good.
Sorry no boost
Old 07-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 892 Likes on 546 Posts

Pretty awesome race weekend. I’m exhausted and I didn’t even drive.

Great hospitality by MMC and all the Riesentoter volunteers and virtually no major on track incidents. Lots of respect and great racing on track too.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Maxant13
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you Frank and the rest of the National Staff. Would have been even better to have you on track as a competitor, Thank you as well to Riesentoter, and as always the MMC staff for a great weekend.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:06 AM
will968
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Great event, we all had a blast racing and hanging out! Thankful for the showers too

Also, they got eight Carrera GTs out for some laps after lunch. Classy place

It was hot - especially with no Coolshirt for the first hour of the enduro but that's old school racing I guess. Flat rear tire with about two-to-go coming out of the pit entry turn ended my enduro - steering felt strange going down the straight and I pulled off. Trashed it after repeated ABS fails and other issues. Still had a lot of fun dealing with all the challenges though.

Thanks all!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:59 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

12 hr trip home... beats the 16 1/2 hrs to get there!!
Awesome race!! Love the track, love the people/staff, Riesentoter did awesome job, and I had possibly the best races I’ve ever had in PCA with Steve Vasina. 3 sprint races (Vintage) and in all three we passed each other multiple times with me winning 2 and Steve winning the last one. Whoever messed up last lost! Everyone kept coming up to us after the races saying how fun it was to watch us... but gotta say it was way more fun from my seat!!

Thank you PCA National Staff! and especially Vicki Ernshaw for championing this Vintage race group. LOTS of fun!! True gentlemen, respectful but hard racing.

And thanks to Peter, Trevor, Kevin and the entire Dawe’s team. Papa Smurf ran flawless all weekend (slight 2nd-3rd shift issue that if I paid more attention to my shifting wouldn’t be a problem and I wouldn’t have lost that last race!!!) and my wife Nadine for coaching with our data and video and finding an extra few seconds out there!!

Great weekend!!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:36 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Great weekend. Great event. 3 2nd place finishes. Special thanks to Frank and NaroEscape for your help trying to get my AIM back up and running. The Sunday lunchtime surprise appearance was Awesome.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Pretty awesome race weekend. I’m exhausted and I didn’t even drive.

Great hospitality by MMC and all the Riesentoter volunteers and virtually no major on track incidents. Lots of respect and great racing on track too.
The national staff checked my car so many times over the weekend only my proctologist knows me better!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone who came to MMC this year from myself, Chris, and all of the RTR volunteers who ran the event. We're sorry there were some snafus with crew registration and will work with MMC to try to smooth that out next year. Aside from that, things seemed to go pretty well and we hope everyone liked the showers and other improvements...! Feel free to e-mail us with feedback.

This was actually my first year driving MMC after having volunteered for a couple years and I didn't really understand how unique the event really is. It hit home when I was working with my mechanic on the car in the afternoon and a golf cart rolled up with some very friendly young MMC staffers offering free bottles of cold water and ice cream. Wow! There really is something special about the team at MMC and the atmosphere they create for everyone who drives there...

Anyhow, hope to have a working transmission in the car soon and see everyone at NJMP.

-Corey

Quick Reply: Monticello Club Race 2018: Best Value on the East Coast