Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Radical information wanted (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1066776-radical-information-wanted.html)

CharleyH 05-03-2018 01:51 AM

Radical information wanted

As some of you may know I am an avid Radical enthusiast and have enjoyed sharing my Radical ownership experiences to help other people become Radical owners. A few years ago I started recording the serial number and options of Radicals when they were advertised for sale. I have been expanding this database to document some history of these fantastic cars. When possible I record the Chassis and EngineSerial numbers, year of production, list of options (air jacks, headlights,oversized brakes, LH or RH drive, etc), pictures of the cars, and any other information that is available. I have found this information to be very helpful when people are trying to purchase a car.

I am looking to get your help in filling out the database. If you have information on any of the Radical cars please post it here or IM me so I can add it to the database.

Thank you for your help,
Charley

gbuff 05-03-2018 09:24 AM

Charley, might wanna post this on RL Canada also.....was at Mosport y-day for a 6thGear day and there were 3 or 4 that I saw. They're popular up there and IIRC the Rad race series has been there and will be again this year.

Gary

hughp3 05-03-2018 10:19 AM

Charley I will pm in a few days with mine.

ProCoach 05-03-2018 10:24 AM

Francesco D’Avola at Team Stradale in chicago, Danyel Delgado at Wisko at VIR may be able to help.

CosmosMpower 05-03-2018 05:13 PM

Cool thread and will be super useful when I'm ready to finally buy a SR3.

CharleyH 05-03-2018 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 14984439)
Charley, might wanna post this on RL Canada also.....was at Mosport y-day for a 6thGear day and there were 3 or 4 that I saw. They're popular up there and IIRC the Rad race series has been there and will be again this year.

Gary

Great idea, thanks.

Charley

CharleyH 05-03-2018 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by hughp3 (Post 14984547)
Charley I will pm in a few days with mine.

Thanks Hugh.

Charley

CharleyH 05-03-2018 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 14984561)
Francesco D’Avola at Team Stradale in chicago, Danyel Delgado at Wisko at VIR may be able to help.

Thank you for the connections Peter, I will give them a call.

Charley

CharleyH 05-03-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower (Post 14985633)
Cool thread and will be super useful when I'm ready to finally buy a SR3.

When you are ready to buy, please feel free to use me as a resource. I enjoy helping people get into these wonderful cars. When I bought mine it was very hard to find much information, so I am always happy to help.

Charley

Matt Romanowski 05-03-2018 11:30 PM

Shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with one of the former dealers. Don't know if he has any of that info, but might be able to help with some of the older cars. I could get you lots of info on the one that did 1 Lap of America too.

CharleyH 05-05-2018 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski (Post 14986431)
Shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with one of the former dealers. Don't know if he has any of that info, but might be able to help with some of the older cars. I could get you lots of info on the one that did 1 Lap of America too.

Thanks Matt. I sent you a PM with my contact information. I appreciate the help.

Charley

CosmosMpower 05-11-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by CharleyH (Post 14986428)

When you are ready to buy, please feel free to use me as a resource. I enjoy helping people get into these wonderful cars. When I bought mine it was very hard to find much information, so I am always happy to help.

Charley

Will do, it's hard to transition from a street car especially when you don't have a tow vehicle/trailer. What did you replace your SR3 with? It was a really nice example.

seanseidman 05-12-2018 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by CharleyH (Post 14984157)
As some of you may know I am an avid Radical enthusiast and have enjoyed sharing my Radical ownership experiences to help other people become Radical owners. A few years ago I started recording the serial number and options of Radicals when they were advertised for sale. I have been expanding this database to document some history of these fantastic cars. When possible I record the Chassis and EngineSerial numbers, year of production, list of options (air jacks, headlights,oversized brakes, LH or RH drive, etc), pictures of the cars, and any other information that is available. I have found this information to be very helpful when people are trying to purchase a car.

I am looking to get your help in filling out the database. If you have information on any of the Radical cars please post it here or IM me so I can add it to the database.

Thank you for your help,
Charley

Charley,
thanks for this;
my Radical SR3 is a 2103 chassis #819 lh drive
1340 paddle shift, high downforce package, carbon rear wing,quiet exhaust, lemans mirrors, avo dampers.

CharleyH 05-12-2018 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower (Post 15003114)
Will do, it's hard to transition from a street car especially when you don't have a tow vehicle/trailer. What did you replace your SR3 with? It was a really nice example.

Yes it is a bit of a transition, but much of the needed equipment holds its value well.... so it’s sort of like leaving your money in the bank until you are done Racing ;). As for me, I am taking a break from racing. I retired in December and am busy traveling and catching up on all the things I missed while working. But I did pick up an Audi R8 Spyder as a retirement present to myself and I am having a lot of fun with it.

Charley

CharleyH 05-12-2018 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by seanseidman (Post 15003997)
Charley,
thanks for this;
my Radical SR3 is a 2103 chassis #819 lh drive
1340 paddle shift, high downforce package, carbon rear wing,quiet exhaust, lemans mirrors, avo dampers.

Thanks Sean! By an chance do you know the engine serial number? And do you know any history on the car? Also if you have a chance, please send me a couple of pictures (I will pm you my email address)

And thank you for PMing me those contacts.

Charley