Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Hawk. We use them on our Formula Fords as well
Old 04-29-2018, 10:42 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
FWIW PFC hasn't made any Porsche pad shapes in 01 compound in maybe 6 years. 01 was replaced by 11and 06 was replaced by 08. Not saying their aren't some old 01 on someones shelf. Like I have some 01 in pad shape 7818.
I bought a bunch of them when I heard the new compounds were coming out and then there were some stragglers which I called around and also bought from vendors and unused from forums. So they lasted for a while (2015/16). I only went through 2 or so front sets per season if that. I don't like the 11's quite as much, the 08 are not aggressive enough for me. Pagid black seems to heat cycle out after a few sessions. First session is golden, but longevity/consistency wise, not on the same level as PFC.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:54 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 529 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby921
On my 981 GTS I use Pagid RSL29's all around for DD and HPDE. Only pads I've used aside from OE on this car.

Your last line there makes me happy. I've been a Carbotech fan for many years. On the WRX I used to own I used their old Bobcat pad (1521 now?) for daily driving and their AX6 for autocross. When I went to track days I swapped in a set of XP10's in front and XP8's in the rear. In my experience they are relatively rotor-friendly and brake dust is much easier to clean off than Hawk. No issues with fade or wear on a car which had a horrid weight distribution and very poor brake cooling. Front brakes were at least upgraded to Stoptech ST40's with 332mm rotors at the time. I wanted to use Carbotech pads on the Porsche, but they don't (or at least didn't at the time) list a rear pad shape for my car / caliper.

I'd be willing to give PFC a try, but I won't touch Hawk again. I'm sure their track compounds are different and better, but using their street and autocross pads I was never happy with performance. Inane levels of dust from what felt like a low mu, low bite, over-priced pile of crap. Carbotech has been stellar in my experience, and the Pagid yellows have been impressive thus far. I have no reason to give Hawk another chance.
We are now an official Carbotech Dealer!!! Though getting all the pricing so I can put it on our website has been...challenging. :-) They are in the process of doing a major overhaul of their catalog and I'm working with them to get the Porsche pricing in line.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Quick Reply: Hawk, PFC or Pagid - What do you use?