Suspension PSS10 vs MCS 2-Way Non Remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 04:57 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Suspension PSS10 vs MCS 2-Way Non Remote

Would like your thoughts on compare/contrast of the Bilstein PSS10 damptronic vs the Motion Control 2-Way Non Remote Dampers (2WNR).

History...I was planning to do the bilstein and get back to the track a few times a year, but have also been thinking about a couple spec 997 races a year as a possibility too, so am now re-thinking the suspension plan just in case.

I had Moton dual adjust remote reservoirs on my 964 and they were fine for the street too where I live, so a fairlt stiff setup doesn’t deter me.

Just St let me know thoughts on the setups.

Thanks,
-Skip
Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't know PCA racing rules but I do know that MCS is superior to PSS10.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:58 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MCS shocks are excellent and their customer service is unparalleled in the industry. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:35 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts

I just switched from Koni singles to MCS non remote 2 ways. BIG upgrade!
Old 04-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by al@cpt
MCS shocks are excellent and their customer service is unparalleled in the industry. You won't be disappointed.
What he said.

Also, if you liked the Moton's, it's my understanding that the MCS crew were the original developers of Moton - but I could be mis-remembering.

But seriously, the BEST customer service both at the track and by phone. And the product is excellent. Very easy to adjust (adjuster is on top of the housing for both rebound and compression).
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No contest. Street mass produced mellow suspension with gimmicky adjustments (most cant tell 1 from 10) or a true track inspired design around the springs your running for your particular car and real adjustability.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:02 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

As Bob said MCS dampners are designed around the springs you are intending to run, they will also tune them to your car. Call MCS up when ordering and they will take you by the hand and walk you through the process. I have had them for 3 years with no issues.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:49 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the great replies. I got the Motons while Lex was still there before leaving to startup Motion. Talked with Trevor and i guess Lex has retired, so good for him.

so does anyone use the 2 way non remotes on the street some too? My car will be used both ways. I had no issues with the Motons on the street, but just looking for experiences.

Thanks again,
Old 04-18-2018, 08:30 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
Thanks for all the great replies. I got the Motons while Lex was still there before leaving to startup Motion. Talked with Trevor and i guess Lex has retired, so good for him.

so does anyone use the 2 way non remotes on the street some too? My car will be used both ways. I had no issues with the Motons on the street, but just looking for experiences.

Thanks again,
My MSC were remote canister but I did run them on the street with my Street/Track Cayman S . Superior to the PSS9 when softened up.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:30 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Bill and everyone. Think I'll go with the MSC.

-Skip
Old 04-19-2018, 12:45 PM
jonb94112
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be interesting to hear feedback on how the dampers are performing better. ie - do they handle bumps better, transition more crisply, performance doesn't deteriorate over a the course of a race, etc. It would be really interesting to hear if someone had actually done back to back testing with MCS vs whatever brand of dampers. Or even any back to back damper testing on the same car, same tires, springs, consistent driver and measured a material difference in lap time. End of the day, my opinion has always been that the overall setup of the car is most important (springs, bars, corner weight, alignment) and the dampers make a difference only after all that is correct and will provide benefits in tenths as opposed to seconds for a consistent driver (assuming that the dampers removed were setup,functioning properly and were of reasonable quality of course). On the other hand, I would buy the best you can afford/rationalize so as not to later second guess your purchase and end up spending more money down the road.

Quick Reply: Suspension PSS10 vs MCS 2-Way Non Remote