Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Park

Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts
Default Lime Rock Park

Delete.

Last edited by dgrobs; 04-06-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:55 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Grb mert knicky fervl
Old 04-05-2018, 11:37 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Default LimeRockPark 4/4 & 4/5

OK, changed the title. Geesh.
Not sure what happened in the other thread title.
Anyhoo....
Thanks to all the friends I hung out with and ran there with for the last 2 days.
NNJR and NER really jive well together Great folks.

Had a blast. Hope you all did too.

Fun little track for sure. Loved that feeling of total weightlessness when cresting the hill after NNS. Amazing physics right there.

Se ya all Next time. Need some sleep.

Nighty night for now....

Last edited by dgrobs; 04-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Your first time there !! Was it wet, windy & cold enough for you?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:06 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Your first time there !! Was it cold enough for you?
Weds was warm and wet.
Thursday was freezing and dry.
I absolutely loved learning the track.
The weather was a learning experience for me. One I handled well and learned very quickly.
It's a pretty cool track, albeit quite short.
Had no trouble getting heat into the tires quickly and all was well, even in yesterdays sub freezing morning temps.
It was actually snowing a bit yesterday morning, but had no effect on the track itself.
What I liked most was seeing all my NER friends and reconnecting with all my NNJR friends after a long winter.
You gotta see Justin's new trailer rig. Thing is a BEAST!!!!
Fun couple of days for sure.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Where did you Dine ? Woodlands, Boat House, Black Rabbit? Remember it's a eating & drinking club- and we get to drive.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:12 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Where did you Dine ? Woodlands, Boat House, Black Rabbit? Remember it's a eating & drinking club- and we get to drive.
Boat House both nights. Was 500 yards from hotel and we could basically roll home after drinking....I mean dining.
Food not bad. Company excellent.
Yes, we are a drinking club with a driving problem....
Old 04-06-2018, 12:26 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Can't believe LRP is open for track days. It's snowing up here again today and I'm signed up for the unmuffled Tue next week.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:53 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Hope you enjoyed LRP Drgobs! Although its small it is a hell of a lot of fun and challenging! Once you get below a minute the times comes off in tenths and hundredths.

Supposed to be right around the freezing mark when I am there this Monday. I can't wait to drive on hockey pucks!
Old 04-06-2018, 02:30 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Hope you enjoyed LRP Drgobs! Although its small it is a hell of a lot of fun and challenging! Once you get below a minute the times comes off in tenths and hundredths.

Supposed to be right around the freezing mark when I am there this Monday. I can't wait to drive on hockey pucks!
Yes, was a lot of fun and I got to work on and correct my mistakes within a minute or so of making them (short laps).
I didn't time any of my laps this trip, but I will next time.
As for the temps you will be running in, we started yesterday at 28 degrees at 9am I believe. Took an extra lap or 2 to get heat into the tires, but I was running Pilot Sport Cup 2's and not slicks or other tires that should not be used in very cold weather.
We didn't really have any problems due to the cold. Matter of fact, one of my sessions was in the snow (no, it didn't stick thank G-d), but that was a first for me. Tracking while snowing. Was a little nutty, but most folks were careful because of the temps. Those that weren't spun or went off. No real incidents though either day. That was good.
Already looking forward to my next trip back to LRP.
Thanks for the info...
Old 04-06-2018, 02:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Man, I LOVE that place...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

I like the Boat House as well. They also have Ragged Mountain Rum. Me likes ! What pressures were you running on Cup 2's?
https://berkshiremountaindistillers....ountain-rum-2/
Old 04-06-2018, 05:38 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

I like the Boat House as well. They also have Ragged Mountain Rum. Me likes ! What pressures were you running on Cup 2's?
https://berkshiremountaindistillers....ountain-rum-2/
35 hot, so started anywhere from 27 to 29 depending on what time of day and temp at that time.
The one time I started above 30 cold (just to see where they'd get up to), they were at 37/38 by the end of the session and the car got a little bouncy. Just a little.
For the most part, I like them at 34/35 hot. I get max grip at that temp. YMMV...
Old 04-06-2018, 06:09 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

it was a good two days despite the weather. It was good for me to be back in the car after a long period out. I was happy the new 991.1 GT3 was happily doing 58-59s laps and we didn't get a chance to align it beforehand. Amazing car right out of the box.

I was out on track with you Bruce in my students car. You where moving. Good job for your first time there!

I love LRP. Just a great flowing track that doesn't let you rest the at all during a lap.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:41 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
it was a good two days despite the weather. It was good for me to be back in the car after a long period out. I was happy the new 991.1 GT3 was happily doing 58-59s laps and we didn't get a chance to align it beforehand. Amazing car right out of the box.

I was out on track with you Bruce in my students car. You where moving. Good job for your first time there!

I love LRP. Just a great flowing track that doesn't let you rest the at all during a lap.
Yeah, I had fun for sure, and yes, no rest anywhere on that track. I was kinda hoping for a really long straight so I could finish the crossword puzzle I was doing on the back straight at VIR 2 weeks ago.
In all seriousness, I'm glad you were able to get back on the track, even if for a short time. Gonna take time.
You've come a really long way so far, only a matter of time now before you're terrorizing the other drivers again. Only a matter of time.
I saw the joy on your face at LRP (as well as the pain), but it appeared the joy was clearly in the driver's seat. Only a matter of time my friend.
BTW, heading out to Colorado tomorrow morning with the kids for 8 days of spring skiing while they're on spring break. Any tracks you know of in the Rockies I might be able to check out on our off (skiing) day?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lime Rock Park