Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts
Default MID OHIO CLUB RACE AND DE

Club Race & HPDE at Mid-Ohio

April 26 to April 29, 2018

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course 7721 Lexington Steam Corners Rd, Mansfield, Ohio

Mark your calendars for the 24th Annual Porsche Club Race at Mid-Ohio! This year, the Mid-Ohio Race of Champions will be held April 26th – 29, 2018.

Registration for Club Race opens March 12th - but, I suspect most of you know that already

See you there

Last edited by 911Königin; 03-12-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

For those of you who like to plan ahead...........................

DE at Indy is August 10 thru 12

Fall DE at Mid Ohio is September 14 thru 16
Old 02-28-2018, 04:13 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
Club Race & HPDE Mid-Ohio

April 26 to April 29, 2018

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course 7721 Lexington Steam Corners Rd, Mansfield, Ohio

Mark your calendars for the 24th Annual Porsche Club Race at Mid-Ohio! This year, the Mid-Ohio Race of Champions will be held April 26th – 29, 2018.

Registration for Club Race opens March 12th - but, I suspect most of you know that already

See you there
I'll be in the DE Friday with my wacky Mini

Gary
Old 02-28-2018, 07:43 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Have never done that Club Race...maybe this year. Love that track.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts
Default IMSA "returns" to Mid-Ohio

IMSA will be returning to Mid-Ohio the following weekend.
ALMS last ran at Mid-Ohio in 2012, GrandAM in 2013, so it will be interesting to see if anyone shows up for some "PCA" practice the week before.
The Enduro may be very entertaining for "co drivers".
Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
For those of you who like to plan ahead...........................

DE at Indy is August 10 thru 12

Fall DE at Mid Ohio is September 14 thru 16
I have registration date set in my alarm for INDY DE.
I will be in yellow group, 996 C2, do you have a big group of good instructors ?
I don't own a trailer, I am considering renting one instead of driving out in the 996.
The trailers at uhaul, the design won't work for a lower 996.
The drive would be the longest for a DE at 10 hours.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:15 AM
rcurley
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool MORPCA Club Race and HPDE

Folks:

For those that want more details on the DE component of the event: You may have seen the emails we have sent to our entire driver and instructor database advertising the opening of registration for our April 27-29, 2018 HPDE at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. If you have already registered at ClubRegistration.net, you will have seen our event description below:

“Rest assured, Spring will come! Start it off with this 3-day combo event at the iconic and challenging Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with a fully instructed Sat/Sun HPDE open to drivers at all experience levels, including first timers and novices. The Friday lapping day is for advanced solo students only (Instructor/Advanced/Intermediate).

This event is run in conjunction with MORPCA's Rennen der Meisters (Race of Champions) PCA-sanctioned Club Race, so time available for the DE is a bit more limited than usual, but the price for participation is also considerably less than usual. Nevertheless, there will be exciting activity all weekend.

As you register, please provide us with a car number you will use during the event. If you choose a number that is duplicating a number already chosen by someone else, please choose another number from the list of available numbers. We will not permit duplicate numbers. Please display this number on both sides of your car in large digits, 8-10" tall with bold strokes, and on the rear of your car (4-6"). ClubRegistration.net offers appropriate number sets for purchase through the ClubReg Store.

MORPCA-approved DE Instructors, because this DE runs with our PCA club race, we must limit our run groups, which forces us to have instructors run in our Red and Blue run groups and some of our instructors choose to race. Getting enough instructors for our Green and Yellow students is a little problematic. To help us with planning and running the event, we have decided to offer an incentive to you. Complete your registration by April 1, 2017 and you will be registered to win one of two $250.00 Tire Rack gift certificates! Drawings will occur on Sat. and Sun. morning and you must be present to win. Thanks for helping us out and good luck!”

Also be aware that we will have a registration price increase after April 1 so if interested, register early! We have also secured preferred room rates at the Quality Inn/Comfort Inn in nearby Bellville, Ohio for those that wish to stay near the venue for the event.

PLEASE NOTE that you will not be confirmed for the event until your fees are paid, so pay early to avoid being closed out. See our user-friendly Refund Policy, and make sure your www.clubregistration.net Profile Driving Resume is up to date as it will be used to determine Lapping Day eligibility and Run Group assignment.

We look forward to driving with you this Spring!

Bob Curley
Event Chair
Old 03-09-2018, 02:29 PM
matt997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Bob, quick question...

I am already signed up for the Mid Ohio event in late April. I know you guys have tech inspections Friday evening but I was thinking I'd rather drive up really early Saturday morning (assuming we can get thru tech inspections early Saturday as well?). If I came out Friday evening I'd be fighting Dayton and Columbus rush hour traffic which I'd like to avoid, plus I'd have the additional cost of 1 more hotel night. I think a quiet drive very early Saturday morning would be the better option for me.

You see any concerns with arriving very early, I could be there by 7am Saturday morning, heck even earlier if need be.

Let me know your thoughts...
Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matt997
Hi Bob, quick question...

I am already signed up for the Mid Ohio event in late April. I know you guys have tech inspections Friday evening but I was thinking I'd rather drive up really early Saturday morning (assuming we can get thru tech inspections early Saturday as well?). If I came out Friday evening I'd be fighting Dayton and Columbus rush hour traffic which I'd like to avoid, plus I'd have the additional cost of 1 more hotel night. I think a quiet drive very early Saturday morning would be the better option for me.

You see any concerns with arriving very early, I could be there by 7am Saturday morning, heck even earlier if need be.

Let me know your thoughts...
I don't see any problem with that

Counting down........................ten minutes to go
Old 03-13-2018, 03:18 PM
matt997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Cannot wait!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:14 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Have never done that Club Race...maybe this year. Love that track.
Anthony - DO IT.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Now that registration is open, we are really hoping for a good turnout this year. We didn’t like getting pushed back a week and we haven’t had good luck with the weather in recent years, but like a fellow racer recently told me, “Racing in the wet at Mid Ohio can be challenging to say the least, but when it is dry, it is a fabulous race track - one of the best in the country. It is worth the drive just to get a chance to race it.” I couldn’t agree more.

This will be our 24th consecutive year of hosting a Club Race at Mid Ohio and I really want to keep that streak going - but I need some help. If you are thinking about running Mid Ohio, or if you have never raced or driven the track, consider signing-up.

I can’t control the weather, but I will make sure that we put on a great show, so come out and join us!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:34 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Chip,

Any idea yet whether some of the pros are signing up for practice prior to the IMSA race the next weekend? I remember probably 10 years ago when the yellow and red DHL Porsche prototypes and other race teams would have all their trailers there and some of the pros would race with PCA. That would be awesome and would definitely help with attendance.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi John,

Yeah, we’re hoping to see some of the IMSA teams show up for our weekend. That would be cool. We’re putting the invite out there.

I’m looking forward to seeing our sons out there on the track - we’re getting old!

Chip
Old 04-19-2018, 11:27 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Mid West Tire will be present to offer track side support. They do only sell Hoosiers (so you can order in advance and have them deliver to you at the track), but service all brands.

Quick Reply: MID OHIO CLUB RACE AND DE