Where to drill hole for remote reservoir lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where to drill hole for remote reservoir lines

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...oir-hoses.html

Where are people drilling a 997 for remote reservoir damper lines? I am about to install JRZ remote reservoirs and only want to drill once.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Make certain...

You get the quick disconnect connections so you don't have to drill a hole big enough to stuff a canister through. Don't ask me how I know this
Old 01-30-2018, 08:23 AM
OlsenMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the rear we go through the ABS sensor grommet on the forward part of the wheelhouse, and in the front we go through the hole that is visible into the upper part of the boot where the battery is located. Have to enlarge that hole to fit the QD (3/4") but that is where we place them.

-Tim
Old 01-30-2018, 10:24 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Tim. I now know where they will go when it is time for a rebuild. I have quick disconnects, so only a small hole.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OlsenMotorsports
In the rear we go through the ABS sensor grommet on the forward part of the wheelhouse, and in the front we go through the hole that is visible into the upper part of the boot where the battery is located. Have to enlarge that hole to fit the QD (3/4") but that is where we place them.

-Tim
I take it this ABS sensor grommet location is not present on the 987? I took the plastic off and gave it a quick glance previously (before seeing this post) but didn't notice anything then...maybe I should recheck?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:10 AM
OlsenMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dgm8138
I take it this ABS sensor grommet location is not present on the 987? I took the plastic off and gave it a quick glance previously (before seeing this post) but didn't notice anything then...maybe I should recheck?
It is there just in a different location. To make that hole work on the 987 you would need the Meter and Half hoses instead of the standard Meter Length.

On the 987 no real good OEM grommets available. We usually drill a 3/4 hole for those.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:20 AM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OlsenMotorsports
It is there just in a different location. To make that hole work on the 987 you would need the Meter and Half hoses instead of the standard Meter Length.

On the 987 no real good OEM grommets available. We usually drill a 3/4 hole for those.
Ok. Thank you for the confirmation. This was basically my plan...to punch a hole near the shock mount.

Quick Reply: Where to drill hole for remote reservoir lines