Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Season Fitness Goals. Do you have them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Just might be the biggest incentive of all, Peter!!

Gary
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-10-2018, 03:56 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Not to mention when you invariably have one of the slowest cars out there, every ounce counts!

Gary
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A few things my Chinese Cousin who is a doctor in Hong Kong brought up. Since he is an Opthalmmic Surgeon he reminded me that you all should get your eyes checked. And ask if there is any exercises for you to do. Get appropriate eye ware and make sure it fits. Review your routine for race weekend and possibly change it. Do not forget after race stretching. The last one is kinda tough. I do not say you need this but it is something to think about. Sports Psychology. Whether it’s a full on shrink or lite beers with a guy who races. This is helping you have your head screwed on correctly. As I said it’s probably nothing. Also flowers for the significant female other at beginning of race season. And wash that stinky gear.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:29 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

my fitness goals to fit into last years race suit this year ...
Old 03-26-2018, 12:54 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Time to fess up - how's everyone doing?

I'm down 48 lbs, 8" in pant sizes. Way more endurance. The bad is I've bought 2 new wardrobes and need a new race suit.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:41 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski

I'm down 48 lbs, 8" in pant sizes. Way more endurance. The bad is I've bought 2 new wardrobes and need a new race suit.
Well done! You'll have to adjust all your braking points now.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:50 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Small price to pay, Matt--you'll be better in the car and in life in general

Now the trick is to maintain, 'cos the older you get, the harder it is to take it off once you put it on (don't ask)

As stated earlier, my incentive for keeping it off is having the slowest car out there

Gary
Old 03-26-2018, 08:29 PM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I "m on a weight loss challenge, Lost 28 pounds since January. I actually fit in my drivers suit now.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:15 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

down 10 lbs in 12 weeks. Not the progress I had hoped for but progress is progress. Got sick in the middle there which didn't really help matters.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I saw Matt last weekend at the AIM seminar. I did not recognize him at first. Matt, you should share your program with the group, I was inspired!
Old 03-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmark
I "m on a weight loss challenge, Lost 28 pounds since January. I actually fit in my drivers suit now.
Awesome! That's like a few horsepower!

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
down 10 lbs in 12 weeks. Not the progress I had hoped for but progress is progress. Got sick in the middle there which didn't really help matters.
Nice. I always wonder why I'm not the guy who gets sick and loses 10 lbs. I get sick and gain 10 lbs.

Originally Posted by Deadeye
I saw Matt last weekend at the AIM seminar. I did not recognize him at first. Matt, you should share your program with the group, I was inspired!
Hey Dennis! It's just eating well, working out, and doing what the nutritionist and trainer tell me. Probably the only time in my life someone has called me "compliant!"
Old 03-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Awesome! That's like a few horsepower!

Nice. I always wonder why I'm not the guy who gets sick and loses 10 lbs. I get sick and gain 10 lbs.

Hey Dennis! It's just eating well, working out, and doing what the nutritionist and trainer tell me. Probably the only time in my life someone has called me "compliant!"
​​​​​​That is awesome Matt, quite the accomplishment!!! If anyone is interested there is an organization out of Indianapolis I have started using in combination with my PT. They are called pitfit and specialize in high performance athletes including drivers and pit crews... They will customize a remote regime to you, work with you remotely and seem to have the background on what transpires in a car most trainers don't. My latest party trick is pushups and planks with a balance board under my arms and legs. That's 5 1/2 months post fusion . I also do all my exercises in a helmet now, partially because I think they are scared I am going to hurt myself now they know me and partially to help strengthen the neck. Fingers crossed my first day back in the car will be 6 months to the day post fusion.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:06 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I've found (and have been told by many that are more knowledgable than I) that it really comes down to what you eat--you can work out until you keel over but if your diet sucks in quantity, quality or both you won't get very far.

For me it's portion control i.e. I will not keep a jar of peanut butter in my house (though everybody says it's good fat, it's still fat, and loads of it) because it won't last three days.

So with not eating any more seasonal crap and supplementing my normal workouts with shoveling Buffalo snow ad nauseum I've taken off the 12 lbs that went on over the holidays.

Now, staying away from the ice cream stands at the track will be the next trick--WGI is lethal

Gary
Old 03-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

VIR chicken egg and cheese biscuit...its my downfall
Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
​​​​​​That is awesome Matt, quite the accomplishment!!! If anyone is interested there is an organization out of Indianapolis I have started using in combination with my PT. They are called pitfit and specialize in high performance athletes including drivers and pit crews... They will customize a remote regime to you, work with you remotely and seem to have the background on what transpires in a car most trainers don't. My latest party trick is pushups and planks with a balance board under my arms and legs. That's 5 1/2 months post fusion . I also do all my exercises in a helmet now, partially because I think they are scared I am going to hurt myself now they know me and partially to help strengthen the neck. Fingers crossed my first day back in the car will be 6 months to the day post fusion.
Jim Leo is superb.

Congrats, Matt!

Quick Reply: Off Season Fitness Goals. Do you have them?