Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Season Fitness Goals. Do you have them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 01:32 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Eat balanced, avoid extremes of any food type...
Are you "balancing" your diet over the 99% of plants on this planet that would kill you on the spot if you ate them or only over the 1% that take sufficiently long time to do the same?
Old 12-19-2017, 08:54 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Eating meat (animals) is not a "diet". There are and there have been many 100% carnivore human communities and societies over millions of years of evolution. Frankly, I find it very easy and liberating not to have to worry about food anymore. Shopping gets extremely simplified, too. Just stack your fridge or freezer with whichever quality meat is on sale at the moment, and make sure you never run out of propane for your grill in the back.

Switching in and out of fat-burning mode is bad for the body and for discipline. That's like saying you occasionally get off heroin when you become too addicted to it and you want to break the cravings. Once you get off, it's best to stay off. The first 2-6weeks of going cold-turkey on your carb-addiction are the hardest -- no need to go through them every time you fall off the wagon.

He has seen hundreds of blood numbers from people going 100% carnivore. He doesn't completely reject them -- just doesn't give them the value most people do. Most of those "tangible" measures are based on faulty science at best and outright pharmaceuticals/agro business propaganda, at worst.
The Big Fat Surprise reads like a thriller, has tons of references, and is eye-opening. The MSM and mainstream "science" on "healthy diets" is full of fads, lies and propaganda by a plethora of lobbies and interested parties to whom your health is the lowest on their list of priorities and agendas. Just note how many times the suggested numbers and types for cholesterol have changed over just the last few decades. The latest: Turns out that even the "bad" LDL cholesterol may not be bad at all.

I've had "high cholesterol" all my life, even after trying all the mumbo-jumbo "healthy, hearty, balanced, low-fat" diets, and every freakin' doctor has tried to put me on statins "or else you'll die!". So glad I never succumbed, as studies are now showing HIGHER all cause mortality statistics the LOWER the cholesterol gets. Not to mention all the statins' horrific side-effects, one of which is diabetes. My recent Coronary Arteries Calcium screen (which is at least 10x more predictive of heart disease than any other measure out there) showed no plaque whatsoever -- score: ZERO. If I had believed all these doctors, I would have expected tons of "cholesterol" to have completely "clogged" my arteries by now. Like with most things in life, if you don't take control of your own health, no one else will do it for you. Listen to the rest of the video from where you stopped -- the DR is well prepared. He's making this case much better than I ever could.

Finally, do what works best for you. Over the last few years after I went down this road, I feel like I've stopped aging and I literally am getting younger with zero supplements, zero medicine, and much simpler eating and excercise. All the typical complaints people around me make about problems and pains with this and that -- which they associate with "simply getting older" -- have simply gone away. I am not under 50 and I've never been stronger, faster and looked and felt better in my life -- I've never been out of shape either.

I am aware that I may sound preachy and like a fanatic. I do it only because I am utterly caught off guard and amazed by the results, so I feel compelled to share it with as many people as I can.
These days, eating only meat is a diet. Societies long ago ate what was available. And still most ate fruits, Berries, plants when in season. Today there are a plethora of options at your fingertips 24/7 and our bodies are accustomed to carbs, so yes, it's a diet.

i assume you have seen the documentary what the health. For every one (and there only seems to be one) PhD promoting this method there are several saying that meat causes inflammation and heart disease.

i don't know about you but I'll never put all my eggs in one basket. You just started this diet, so you won't see plaque that quickly. Are you genetically prone to heart disease? Maybe that's why you don't have any plaque.

As you said you have to do what's right for you and that means trying several different forms of eating. I'l check back in 2-3 years and see if you are still doing this, my bet is that you will be modifying it or not doing it at all. Thats my experience with even the hardest core of dieters.

I, for one will never give up completely on what grows from the ground.

And have you seen what they do to meat these days? Hormones, steroids, living conditions? That alone is enough to make you want to give up meat. So like I said, it's not so clear cut for everyone. Also not to easy to maintain. This guy promoting the snake diet has basically no facts at all and has a cult following. I always advise to avoid extremes until you know what you're doing.

i do not mean to be argumentative, I just always like to make sure people have as much info as possible without being biased towards anything so they can make an educated decision on what path to take. I hope your diet works out great for you.

Last edited by wanna911; 12-19-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:22 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
I always advise to avoid extremes until you know what you're doing.

i do not mean to be argumentative, I just always like to make sure people have as much info as possible without being biased towards anything so they can make an educated decision on what path to take. I hope your diet works out great for you.
You're not argumentative at all, and I appreciate the discussion. I've read and observed deep and wide on the subject and it is impossible for me to present here how/why my pieces of the puzzle fit so well into such a clear picture. I guess everyone must go down their own path and come to their own conclusions. Btw, there are people who have been 100% carnivores for more than 20 years without any negative repercussions. And there are many more than this DR on the video who have come to the same conclusions, some of them more than 100 years ago.

99% of "what grows from the ground" on this planet would kill you on the spot. The 1% that doesn't, only take their time.
On the other hand, 99% of animals are perfectly edible and nutritious.

What I suggest to people is to just give zero-carb a try for a month. It's not going to kill them -- this is what our ancestors had always eaten when given the choice and opportunity -- and they may actually like the results. I've already "converted" a few of my friends and acquaintances, couple of them doctors themselves. They've all called to thank me a month or two later.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Fitness

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Who is going for some off season fitness goals this year? I started towards the end of 2017 working towards some things for 2018. I'm down about 38 pounds, much stronger, and waaaay more endurance. I'm excited to see how things go for in 2018. I've also started a bit of a pet project on some aspects of driver performance that I'll have more info on late summer, but it should be interesting.

Who else has an off season plan going? What are you doing - weights, cardio, CrossFit, yoga......? Do you make any measurements of exertion when driving to compare your on track performance to your workout performance?
Can't say enough about the benefits from cycling... I started racing bicycles when I was twelve. Transitioning to racing cars at twenty was fairly easy, thanks to all the road racing on the bike. During my short pro career in IMSA I kept up my bike riding, which helped me survive the heat and humidity back East. Sebring in '77 was especially hot and my co driver got heat stroke part way into his first stint. I had driven an hour an a half at that point and had to keep going until he recovered. I drove almost eight of the twelve hours and we finished 1st oa.

Almost 70 now and still ride my bike.

G
Old 12-20-2017, 09:54 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

One more thing regarding "balance", ok two...
1. Mammal cells have everything that human cells need -- both for energy and structure -- in perfectly balanced proportions.

2. Herbivores with their evolved multiple stomachs and elaborate digestive processes are the "filters" carnivores need as protection from the plants' evolved defensive mechanisms against their predators (natural plant pesticides and disruptors).

Old 12-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

Looking at this thread in which Rennlisters debate about what they should put in their bodies, I can't help but think of all the motor oil debates about which is best to feed their motors.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
Looking at this thread in which Rennlisters debate about what they should put in their bodies, I can't help but think of all the motor oil debates about which is best to feed their motors.
Great catch!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1

Great catch!
That's why I'm here. Hehehe.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Oh boy
Here we go!
Old 12-20-2017, 03:15 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by hf1
You're not argumentative at all, and I appreciate the discussion. I've read and observed deep and wide on the subject and it is impossible for me to present here how/why my pieces of the puzzle fit so well into such a clear picture. I guess everyone must go down their own path and come to their own conclusions. Btw, there are people who have been 100% carnivores for more than 20 years without any negative repercussions. And there are many more than this DR on the video who have come to the same conclusions, some of them more than 100 years ago.

99% of "what grows from the ground" on this planet would kill you on the spot. The 1% that doesn't, only take their time.
On the other hand, 99% of animals are perfectly edible and nutritious.

What I suggest to people is to just give zero-carb a try for a month. It's not going to kill them -- this is what our ancestors had always eaten when given the choice and opportunity -- and they may actually like the results. I've already "converted" a few of my friends and acquaintances, couple of them doctors themselves. They've all called to thank me a month or two later.
You are making and argument that eating any veggies kills you? Please cite sources.

As for 99% of plants killing you quickly, fortunately we don't have to forage for food and guess which plants to eat. That is and irrelevant statistic, used for effect. And from a quick Google search doesn't seem to be remotely true.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche911dream (11-08-2019)
Old 12-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Oh boy
Here we go!
Dave, that's just some lighter fluid. I haven't lit a match yet.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:39 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

It's beginning to feel alot like Kibort-mas.......

Anyway, I think I'll get a pizza tonight

Gary
Old 12-20-2017, 03:41 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

del
Old 12-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
It's beginning to feel alot like Kibort-mas.......

Anyway, I think I'll get a pizza tonight

Gary
Me too! But only 1 peice and a salad too. Plus I'm on my way to the gym.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:10 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Me too! But only 1 peice and a salad too. Plus I'm on my way to the gym.
go to planet fitness they will serve you pizza (or donuts) with your workout.....

Quick Reply: Off Season Fitness Goals. Do you have them?