Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one using a safety devices cage in their 944/968?

Old 12-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Zu_langsam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I decided today after much frustration with the guy selling the SD cage and after a recomendation by some members of the local motorsports club that I am in to have a local fabricator build and install somthing for me. Car is going over to his shop next week.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:54 AM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Zu,
I debated the SD vs. OG vs. custom welded cage myself. Since I would not be installing a bolt in cage by myself, I had to factor the install cost into my equation. Unless the install went absolutely perfect, the price difference looks to be almost moot.

Soooooooo, right now my car is at a very good fab shop in NoVA, Piper Motorsports. The custom design will give me a little more space around the seats vs. the SD cage, as well as the allowing me to specify my door bar style and other bracing. The design Mitch (Piper) drew up for me is awesome.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:51 AM
DAR951
Pro

Originally posted by Mike Buck
Soooooooo, right now my car is at a very good fab shop in NoVA, Piper Motorsports.... The design Mitch (Piper) drew up for me is awesome.
Mike,

Would you please post some pics of what Mitch works out for you... I agree his stuff is great (he built an ITA VW cage for me). I'm debating what to do with my 951 which currently has a bolt-in bar (autopower) but will shortly need a full cage. Would love to see (w/o the drive to Manassas) what he is doing to yours.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:44 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by Zu_langsam
Well thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I decided today after much frustration with the guy selling the SD cage and after a recomendation by some members of the local motorsports club that I am in to have a local fabricator build and install somthing for me. Car is going over to his shop next week.
Wise choice. After paying to have my SD installed, going with a custom cage would have only cost ~$500 more.

Be Safe.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by John Brown
ARRRRGH! I hate screen-names. You gonna make me look through 2000 records for Jerome in Germantown with a 951?

Wonder what I'd need to do for Linda to get the code written for a sort by first name, car, and city?
Hey John,

I also hate avatars of cars that are not the owner's. Last time I saw your car it wasn't white....

I like your searching idea. Would remove some of the mystery of who's posting behind an assumed name.

Cheers...
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 PM
John Brown
Instructor

It was about the closest avatar I saw which clearly denoted something that at least USED to be a 924! Being new here I've not had time to learn how to upload a personal avatar.

All of our cars have finish by brillo pad. Makes em low maintenance.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by DAR951
Mike,

Would you please post some pics of what Mitch works out for you... I agree his stuff is great (he built an ITA VW cage for me). I'm debating what to do with my 951 which currently has a bolt-in bar (autopower) but will shortly need a full cage. Would love to see (w/o the drive to Manassas) what he is doing to yours.
I'd be happy to. You just need to buy me a digital camera

If you want, we can meet up some weekend after I get the car back. I'm hoping they'll be done before the end of the year.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:09 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally posted by Mike Buck
I'd be happy to. You just need to buy me a digital camera
Just returned from looking at them to buy for my wife's Christmas present... too many pixels, too many choices!@#

Thanks for the offer to look in person. Please PM me when you get it back and maybe we can find a good time and place that would work for us both.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any one using a safety devices cage in their 944/968?