Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion 2018

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:19 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking forward to attending this one after a long hiatus since Lime Rock many years ago. Would love participate in the race as well.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:14 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Looking forward to attending this one after a long hiatus since Lime Rock many years ago. Would love participate in the race as well.

I'd love to see something a little closer to the Northeast again!
Old 10-26-2017, 01:50 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

^You and me both.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:08 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 613 Likes on 300 Posts

The west coast Rennsports have been great but always having it in one place kinda kills the original intent, how about a second Rennsport on the east coast on alternate years. The east coast Porsche dealers should pose this concept to PCNA after all Atlanta is company ground zero.
Rich
Old 10-26-2017, 06:07 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually because of the experience of historic car events and the amenities of the Monterey Bay Area makes it ideal for a world class event. Plus the proximity of Canepa’s Faciliy and its experience of repairing old and rare racing Porsches on the fly. Remember that there are lots of Porsches in the West coach. And Laguna Seca is a good track for showing how good Porsches are for racing from a 356 to a 919. Having several 917s scream around the track is great
Old 10-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

Yup, lots of nice cars in California. But probably as many between FL, and NY/MA/CT. And the cars flying in from the EU can land anywhere.

I agree, a change would be nice. I am booked with bells on for this edition again (been to prior events at both LS and Daytona), but they need to change it up from time to time IMO - no matter how good Monterey is.

Lots of issues with the alternatives, either potential bad fall weather or accommodations for such a large group.

Daytona would be fine, COTA might be better.

Not sure about accommodations at Road Atlanta. Same or worse for WGI?

Cheers

Matt
Old 10-27-2017, 11:27 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneman
to get a spot to drive.... even a 73 RSR original.... someone please give up the secret sauce..... whom do you contact? how much $$ in greasy twenty dollar bills from a bank in north jersey? where do you send it? how much genuflecting must you do? thanks frank
With that car you don't need PCA, you can enter that car directly in the regular event.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Fun fact, my avatar pic to the left is me driving my parents and gf in my Dad's 75 911S during parade laps at RR V.
Mom loved the corkscrew. Lol
Old 04-01-2018, 03:08 AM
PorscheLiebhaber
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
My first post on Rennlist, I've been thankful for all the info to help me with configuration and dealer info. So I thought I'd offer any advice I can about Rennsport. I went to the first one at Lime Rock and IV and V at Laguna. I'm all booked up for VI and can't wait. Have you considered staying at the track? There are still some RV spots available. The spots left now do not have electric or water hookup but with a generator and full tank of water, you should be good. I grab the same spot at turn 5(luckily) with electric and water but they usually go the first day! There is a RV company close to the track, FamilyRV, that will deliver the RV to the track and pick it up. They are listed on Mazda's camping info page so you don't have to worry I work for family RV.

I think the best experience for Rennsport is waking up every morning to the sound of air cooled heaven as you wake from air cooled dreams from the night before. At the first Reunion as I was about to enter, I walked across the bridge over Lime Rock raceway, a group of 917/30's drove right under me. I froze and as much as I wanted to continue into the event I had to wait to hear and feel the thunder race through me again. My first meeting of Redman and Bell was a near miss, for me. Brain Redman and Derek Bell were flying through the lot on a golf kart and of course you can barely hear this thing and they have it floored. Pedestrians everywhere and just a casual conversation and I'm sure no one was near being in any danger, except me. They swerved around me and kept talking away as they parked right next to me. At first I started to yell "What the Hell" and then I saw who it was so I snapped a pic for the memory and kept on strolling. I was in heaven on Earth and knew I would go to Rennsport for life.
Here are some links to help with camping or track info.
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/major-event-camping
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/ma...ersion_opt.pdf
And a link to the RV place the track recommends and I've used before. You can pick from their rental fleet the exact one that fits your needs. They are little over an hour North if you'd rather just pick up and drive in. I've done that in the past, but this year we'll have it delivered.
http://www.familyrv.com/events/mazda...-rv.cfm?id=996

I would post some cool pics but I'm on a friend's PC right now(I have hundreds). I hope this was some help, feel free to ask away.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:00 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

is there a link or a central thread or site for the long weekend events outside of the track activities?

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion 2018