Sponsored by:

Performance Driving Clinic - October 6th 2017

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 AM
gspinner65
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Driving Clinic - October 6th 2017

I have known for a long time that I wanted to learn how to drive a car well, really well and for the longest time thought I DID know how to drive really well. Man was I mistaken, ok, maybe not SO mistaken, but enough so to realize that if I really wanted to be fast in a car it was going to take a new mind set, and allow myself to be taught. THE RIGHT WAY!! That process started with the humble realization that I didn't know jack about driving a car for all it had, without killing myself. So I bit the bullet and signed up for an advanced racing school class (three days at first and then three more later on) so I could get my SCCA full competition license (another dream/goal). I'm happy to say, I did it and I have my SCCA license. Ok, so now what, oh, it's time to race! Yeah, great idea! But WHAT are you going to race? I didn't own a RACE car, at least not yet, plus other than the racing school which was Formula Fords, I hadn't run on track in a CAR! I figured it was time to start signing up for HPDE's. I spoke to a friend of mine I met at the school and he suggested I come out to one of his clubs events - oh man, my first DE!! Welcome to NNJR's event at NJMP's Lightning Raceway - IN OCTOBER - if you've ever run in October at NJMP you know that the mornings are COLD!! By our last day it was snowing out!! So why all this story telling?,....Easy!! I've been doing DE's now for just about two years and as much as I'd like to say every time I had great instruction in my car, the fact is that was not the case. Frustrated with that fact and hell bent on wanting to REALLY LEARN how to be smoother, more consistant and FASTER I went back to my school and asked if they would help me in putting together a way of getting people on track in their cars in a format that spent EQUAL time teaching at a high level the intricate details of truly high performance driving while giving equal track time to work on these lessons. To that end the attached was formed and we are now having our THIRD event!! If you are looking to be smoother, more consistant and FASTER, than you want to sign up for this event. You WILL improve, no matter WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT! Our last event was May 19th, after that event I came out faster thru braking zones, and faster out of corners as I was taught some very valuable lessons in my driving. I can't wait for the growth from this next event - I encourage you to challenge yourself by signing up and see for yourself!!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-school-322228
Old 08-08-2017, 11:45 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Quick Reply: Performance Driving Clinic - October 6th 2017