Sponsored by:

WTB: a scooter by NJMP/Thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Yeah, I would also avoid letting friends ride the scooter, unless you know they are going to wreck it in a parking garage, and would find that hilarious.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hey Paul, I saw your cool e-bike at NJMP. How is the balance on that bike compared to a scooter? It looks a little precarious. Do you think someone with long legs would fit on that thing?
I have seen my buddies up to 6'2 250 try it out without issue You get a hang of the feet forward seating position real quick! The only thing that takes getting a bit used to is if you push on your feet when they are on the pegs they turn the front wheel. So you can't really push off the pegs while you are riding LOL...
Other than that it's great and super easy.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Dan, sorry to hear about Ann
Old 08-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
I have seen my buddies up to 6'2 250 try it out without issue You get a hang of the feet forward seating position real quick! The only thing that takes getting a bit used to is if you push on your feet when they are on the pegs they turn the front wheel. So you can't really push off the pegs while you are riding LOL...
Other than that it's great and super easy.
Thanks Paul, food for thought. I like that it's small enough to be lifted
Old 08-05-2017, 02:52 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes - Chinese. But looked well made. 4 stroke motor. One gallon is good for 80 miles or something insane like that. No worrying about charging. Comments from other buyers were positive. I asked around. Ask me in 4 years how well it holds up.

Yes, super light and portable is easier for sure, but I just didn't want her on a twitchy super light weight electric. One hop off to regain balance with her bad hip would put her through the roof.

For an extra $25 I could have gotten a title and put a license plate on it for road use, but I don't have a death wish.

For tie down, I got a removable wheel chock from ETrailer and some extra D-Rings and straps.

Originally Posted by jlanka
That Boom certainly looks tempting especially at that price. But it's obviously Chinese and I'm wondering if it would last. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: WTB: a scooter by NJMP/Thunderbolt