Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be careful on GMG exhausts for Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

I will also agree that James is a stand up guy and his work is excellent. Have used him for multiple cars and always happy with his work. Also think his bypass muffler sounds better than sharkwerks.

Rennlist had become a home for flippers(Graham) and complainers...too many to list!!!

Less typing and more driving guys...
Old 05-01-2017, 01:28 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol wow they can install a bypass.... and you(richk) think they are amazing LOL ..... almost any shop can install a bypass. seems like a good indicator of how 'GREAT" they are lol...
Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
richk
Drifting

Only basing it on work done on my cars...

And they are definitely not cheap!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:01 AM
richk
Drifting

Originally Posted by 991gtR
lol wow they can install a bypass.... and you(richk) think they are amazing LOL ..... almost any shop can install a bypass. seems like a good indicator of how 'GREAT" they are lol...
Your post makes me lol
Old 05-02-2017, 01:58 AM
grahal09
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are funny. We will just leave it at that.

James, we will agree to disagree, but you're flat out wrong.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Regarding the CGT exhaust issued in the UK, we have NEVER had a dealer have an issue installing one of our exhausts and I did try to reach out to him and will do so again on Monday.....
And just to reinforce my point...I've never found a missed call from Cali in the past month or so and no calls have been received yesterday (Monday) from GMG!

Which is not an issue, as I said that I'm over it and don't want to hear anymore about it...but easy to look good on a screen without backing it up with real world actions!

P.s. Please don't feel the need to call me now, I really couldn't be bothered anymore.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:47 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no dog in this fight, having read these entire posts, I have a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, each of the two main issues here are an exhaust system that was incorrectly installed by professionals and another exhaust system that is allegedly missing. Yes, there should have been some better communication, but often in business the situation is escalated using the internet before the owner of said business is informed.

If you want to ruin a business because you feel you were wronged, the internet is the perfect place to do that. So is running a person’s reputation. Easy cheap shots. Easy to do as so often posts are twisted, spun, lack details and facts. But it’s out there forever for all to see.

One post said he would never use GMG again and go to BBI for his “jollies”. Google BBI and you see that some guy went after them for doing something to his ride. The internet is used a weapon not as an info source. When in business you always risk the use of the internet against you.

My take on the Exhaust fitment is simple. The Porsche place in the UK is not Porsche AG but their rep in the UK. If they are installing exhaust systems I suspect it’s a service center with service technicians. Today’s Porsche techs are not allowed to be free thinkers. They must follow the mandates that Porsche set forth. If the tech came through the training system, he or she has no idea of how to do anything other than what Porsche tell them to do. This may be harsh but I believe it to be true. They are trained not to think but to follow rules.

Now give them something different to do and maybe they get it wrong. In this case, they did and for some reason not given, they didn’t think to swap the parts from one side to the other. The lack of or appearance of any ability to see if it would fit on the other side, questions their decision to decide the system was not capable of doing the job. If I had to guess, this decision has nothing to do with the exhaust system, rather they didn’t wish to look stupid not trying and it’s easier to say the system is no good.

As for the exhaust system not returned, one must ask as it’s not clear in the posts, why did you not decide before the system was changed that you wanted your stock system returned? Why did you not have it picked up when the car was delivered? Why did you leave it for so long before asking? If you say nothing and its left, well past the time the shop states parts are kept, then you show them you have no need for the parts and they either rid themselves if it or whatever. I find it odd that you have the time to posts these negative comments about GMG regarding your exhaust system but did not appear to have the same time to organize having your stock system returned at the time.

Therefore, I feel the internet is used as a weapon when people get their feeling hurts and use it to cover up their own doings.

My suggestions to both business and customer are to know exactly what you are selling and buying. Maybe in future mark the exhaust system with LHS and RHS pieces. Provide a link to your web site about fitment along with enclosed written instructions.

Customers need to know exactly what they are buying and ask questions. When having your stock parts removed, ask for them to be returned at the time of purchase and make sure they are returned when the car is delivered.

Maybe then this forum can be used as it was designed and not as a weapon against business’s and the people who work there.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:50 PM
richk
Drifting

^excellent post

another suggestion...if your going to bad mouth a vendor please post the name of your company so we can check your reputation.

This site is almost over for me...
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
^excellent post

another suggestion...if your going to bad mouth a vendor please post the name of your company so we can check your reputation.

This site is almost over for me...
Fast forward - bought GMG exhaust from another CGT owner. A well known mechanic removed it and shipped it - missing parts.

GMG made the missing parts for 57.00 during Covid and local Porsche dealer installed it.

Sounds excellent less weight more hp and torque.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-28-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 PM
richk
Drifting

^Had James work on multiple cars...never had as issue.

A far as sound on CGT...stock is the way to go. Cold start on a CGT is epic.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:06 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
^Had James work on multiple cars...never had as issue.

A far as sound on CGT...stock is the way to go. Cold start on a CGT is epic.
Add GMG made it epic +1
Old 12-10-2022, 05:32 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 53 Posts

All work out here? Thinking of a GMG upgrade next year when I do the Major
Old 12-10-2022, 06:56 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
All work out here? Thinking of a GMG upgrade next year when I do the Major
Well I would be happy to reference several installs we have done this past year if you would like to email me directly at James@gmgracing.com

Thanks

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
The following 2 users liked this post by James-GMG:
BlueGT3 (12-11-2022), CGT77 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I never had any problem when I had gmg. I went back to stock to be quieter but I had no issues with gmg.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jrtaylor9:
997turbocab (12-15-2022), BlueGT3 (12-11-2022), CGT77 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 12:19 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

I think it's actually quite refreshing that James is on here trying to help out. You will never have 100% positive experiences because everyone's expectation is different. Plus most of the time your only going to hear people complaining on the internet.

Quick Reply: Be careful on GMG exhausts for Carrera GT