Sponsored by:

CGT Rear Engine cover will not open

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Axis007
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGT Rear Engine cover will not open

I usually keep my Battery on a Battery Tender. the charging port is in the rear engine cover, drove the car last weekend. Trying to open the Engine Cover, no solenoid noise. the front trunk ( FRUNK ) works fine. is there a manual cable override like the Ferrari's to pop the engine cover, so I have access to the battery charger? any other way to open the rear engine cover ?

is the Solenoid issue a easy fix ? or a dealer visit, any insight would be grateful.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:34 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

There are the tabs under the drivers dash where you can hook up jumpers. The manual explains the procedure and I think it is also on the fuse cover as well. Worth a try, but it sounds like you don't have a weak battery problem.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 AM
smokeygt
Instructor

I just went out and look. Indeed there is a cable attached to the latch. It runs from the latch, to behind the drivers side rear wheel. It looks like the way to access it is to take off inner wheel panel behind the tire. The cable is up high by the cross member. There may be a better way to get to it but it wasn't obvious. ( I checked the manual and it doesn't mention this, so it may have been added later)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:47 PM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Smokey is correct. The emergency release cable can be accessed by pulling back upper outside corner of the rear wheel liner and the cable will routed through the tail light bracket. You will have to pull it firmly to release the lid.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:00 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Thanks Jimmy, I didn't know this until I went out and looked the other night, couldn't tell where it terminated until you posted the picture. Thanks again. It's posts like these that make this forum great.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:35 PM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeygt
Thanks Jimmy, I didn't know this until I went out and looked the other night, couldn't tell where it terminated until you posted the picture. Thanks again. It's posts like these that make this forum great.
Anytime! Always happy to help

Quick Reply: CGT Rear Engine cover will not open