Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT video review

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 10:12 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I must say I can only imagine how exciting it is to own this car! I just don't understand how one can ever find the need and will to sell it!
I totally agree with the reviewer and I think he does a good job presenting the car. Before someone jumps and says it is just a commercial for Porsche of Beachwood,please realize not everyone will just hand you the keys to a CGT.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:37 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool video, thanks for posting. Love his enthusiasm! And I agree with you..I can't imagine ever letting my CGT go. One of the greatest for sure.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:14 AM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

great vid. just got mine today. loving every minute, every shift , every 1st gear roll.... i think im in love XD...
Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by 991gtR
great vid. just got mine today. loving every minute, every shift , every 1st gear roll.... i think im in love XD...
Looking forward to a few posts on first impressions/biggest surprises/favorite part of driving it etc if you have the inclination
Old 09-20-2016, 03:32 AM
991gtR
Instructor

well one thing i noticed that if you release the clutch slowly with no gas at all you can roll up a hill and once you release the clutch fully you still dont need the ANY gas pedalto move.. i had both feet off both the clutch and gas and it was moving forward in 1st gear at around 3-4 mph. i think most people who drive it try to give to much gas before the clutch is fully released. Seems pretty easy to drive now. It wont stall if you do this... and is smooth and not jerky at all. once you get out of fist its even easier to drive. rev matches are rewarding and fun. love this car
i was lucky to find a avantador sv and a cgt this week and they are totally different Beasts but compliment each other perfectly. I for one love the cgt i'm so lucky to be able to afford such a great car. i want to drive it all day every day. i actually like the first gear that is so infamous. i think it can use a bit of camber/toe out.

PS the car had 2500 miles in 11 years. i put 150 in 2 days,, lol
Attached Images    
Old 09-20-2016, 01:34 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like you've got 1st gear figured out. My advice is don't touch the accelerator until after the clutch is all the way out in 1st. I have over 19k miles on my original clutch and it measures over 30mm.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

So what if you wanted to (hypothetically) enter a drag race, or just not get beaten to 30 mph by a Prius... How does one accelerate minimally hard out of 1st from a stop... Is the only option massive clutch slippage or is the no-throttle until full clutch depress the only way?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:11 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

That's a good question...but one I've never cared to find the answer to.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
So what if you wanted to (hypothetically) enter a drag race, or just not get beaten to 30 mph by a Prius... How does one accelerate minimally hard out of 1st from a stop... Is the only option massive clutch slippage or is the no-throttle until full clutch depress the only way?
Originally Posted by E-Man
That's a good question...but one I've never cared to find the answer to.
Here's my guess - I've never tried but there must be a point of engine revs beyond which the auto-throttle does not engage. It probably takes a full clutch dump though and I have no need to try to find out for myself. You can see/hear it on the TopGear test when the Stig begins his lap. I also think most of the clutches that got burnt out are from when the driver goes beyond the auto-throttle point but still tries to feather the clutch.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:20 AM
991gtR
Instructor

thanks for the advice e-man. I don't mind first at all. Hope i don't need a new clutch yet, but i do have brand new clutch and work order ready when i need it. wow 19k miles and 30 mm. you know what your doing. cheers
Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

well one thing i noticed that if you release the clutch slowly with no gas at all you can roll up a hill and once you release the clutch fully you still dont need the ANY gas pedalto move.. i had both feet off both the clutch and gas and it was moving forward in 1st gear at around 3-4 mph. i think most people who drive it try to give to much gas before the clutch is fully released. Seems pretty easy to drive now. It wont stall if you do this... and is smooth and not jerky at all. once you get out of fist its even easier to drive. rev matches are rewarding and fun. love this car
i was lucky to find a avantador sv and a cgt this week and they are totally different Beasts but compliment each other perfectly. I for one love the cgt i'm so lucky to be able to afford such a great car. i want to drive it all day every day. i actually like the first gear that is so infamous. i think it can use a bit of camber/toe out.

PS the car had 2500 miles in 11 years. i put 150 in 2 days,, lol
Also have SV Roadster CGT - suggest factory racing exhaust / tune adds 70+ hp and a sound that is insane.

Refreshing to see a CGT that went to a good home - enjoy!
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Also have SV Roadster CGT - suggest factory racing exhaust / tune adds 70+ hp and a sound that is insane.

Refreshing to see a CGT that went to a good home - enjoy!

thanks man. gorgeous sv roadster. perfect combo of of cars.

i think the sv and cgt are a great pair.

Have the factory SV exhaust and tune going on monday. think its gonna be a huge improvement in sound.

enjoy in good health
Old 09-24-2016, 02:05 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Have the factory SV exhaust and tune going on monday. think its gonna be a huge improvement in sound.

enjoy in good health
I have seen your car up close and personal and it's a very nice combination. the brown interior, to me is the best color.

enjoy it!! if you want to do a CGT drive in the canyons sometime I have some good routes. to truly appreciate these things, you have to drive with one in front of you and one behind you...like a symphony.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:13 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

enjoy in good health
Thanks!

You are going to smile ear to ear - scares the crap out of people firecracker back pressure popping.

Post some impressions after the install

Corsa Corsa Corsa!

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-25-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:56 AM
991gtR
Instructor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I have seen your car up close and personal and it's a very nice combination. the brown interior, to me is the best color.

enjoy it!! if you want to do a CGT drive in the canyons sometime I have some good routes. to truly appreciate these things, you have to drive with one in front of you and one behind you...like a symphony.
Thanks. Crazy fun car Have have about 200 miles on it and it begs to be driven on open roads at all times.
But don't have any issues with 1st in traffic. The sound is amazing when you get on it a bit. I think I get more attention in this than any car I have at the moment. LOL
Would love to go on a CGT drive soon. Let me know when you want to do it.

Nuvolari612: Does it sound better in CORSA . Everyones been telling me sports the way to go... Can't wait for it

Quick Reply: CGT video review