Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 arrival

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

1.3g standing start is right on, I had a 1.4g acceleration and a 1g deceleration record on the onboard g-meter before. A pity I didn't take a picture of it when I had the chance, it was cleared when they opened my car up.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:33 AM
boyko23
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks again Footsoldier.
So, if I understand correctly, in Race mode, you can't stay without battery juice at all on the track. How significant is the difference between HL and Race in your experience until now? Imv, best option is to use several modes in one lap?

BTW, looking at your achievement at Spa, it turns out as faster than One:1 on the same day and also P1 on a pprevious attempt (with a pro behind the wheel). Not very scientific of course, but not bad for first few days with the car...
Old 06-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a noticeable increase in power in sport, then again to race, and you do feel another uptick when you press hotlap button, which as you'll know gives you all the boost power available and does not harvest at all.

It's what I said before about it being an LMP for the road - you do have to manage the modes for optimum performance. The guys at the factory said that on a vMax straighline drag you would be better in sport with less rear wing angle, instead of race with hot lap button, but more drag. Unfortunately you can't have race mode and dial out the rear wing...I did ask!

The underbody aero/drag also changes in different settings, which I'm not sure many people know. I could 100% feel the benefit of extra downforce in race mode through Eau Rouge, and then was going to Sport, trying to max speed on the straights.

That's why I was dialling back on the straight in video, and if you watch the record lap round Nurburgring, Lieb was not in hot lap all the time - he went to sport, not to save boost, but to reduce drag.

Lieb was at the factory just before I picked up, and he told the guys there that he thinks it would go a lot faster round the ring now, with extra power in production cars since he drove, and also if they had time to optimise their 'boost strategy'. He was just off a flight, and had two warm up laps before the record one, and no time to analyse data properly. Apparently a lot of time spent in simulators for the race team is purely to test the boost strategy for each circuit.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:18 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

WoW!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:57 AM
deactivateduser66
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Such an amazing color and enjoy it in good health!

Quick Reply: 918 arrival