Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do the 918, La Ferrari, and P1 deserve creme de la creme status?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Kulak
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do the 918, La Ferrari, and P1 deserve creme de la creme status?

Sure the Carrera GT and Enzo deserved creme de la creme. They were tops in every category and super trick. However the current generation are not cut from the same cloth or something. I mean now there are a ton of hypercars with a lot more power and a lot more trick. As well as carbon is not that advanced anymore. Entry level supercars have carbon. In addition, all three are hybrids. Which means you only have full blast for a few minutes and after that you are just a supercar owner. For instance, if you are having a friendly mix up with a Huracan on the Autobahn, well then for the first few minutes you will spank him silly. But after that he will spank you silly because your battery will be juiced and he weighs much less with same power. And that should never happen. A creme of the crop hypercar should be able to spank an average supercar at all times. And not just in the first few minutes. What you think?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kulak
... A creme of the crop hypercar should be able to spank an average supercar at all times. And not just in the first few minutes. What you think?
I think 6:57 at the Ring spanks Enzo & CGT pretty hard
Old 05-01-2015, 11:55 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think you understand how these cars work. They do not "run out of power" while driving. They are the current pinnacle of performance just as other cars have been during their eras.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Before bothering replying to such a stupid thread you should check who kulak is : he had a different user name and got banned because of ridiculous posts,battering and insulting other members.

Well I don't know why I got banned. I mean the only thing I did wrong was to say bloody wnker with too much money. But I suppose that came off as richies are *******. But really what I meant was that a few richies are total ******* and it would not be wise to hand them an outright sportscar. However it was not my intention to start a class war argument because it is a terrible idea these days to discuss money. I mean nearly everyone loves it nowadays. And if you speak ill of it, well then you will get beat up. No joke. And so then I try to avoid talking about the good and bad points of money at all costs.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Scuderia980
Track Day

another absurd thread pops up...this guy just won't stop...
Old 05-03-2015, 08:22 PM
918man
Racer

Sure the Carrera GT and Enzo deserved creme de la creme. They were tops in every category and super trick. However the current generation are not cut from the same cloth or something. I mean now there are a ton of hypercars with a lot more power and a lot more trick. As well as carbon is not that advanced anymore. Entry level supercars have carbon. In addition, all three are hybrids. Which means you only have full blast for a few minutes and after that you are just a supercar owner. For instance, if you are having a friendly mix up with a Huracan on the Autobahn, well then for the first few minutes you will spank him silly. But after that he will spank you silly because your battery will be juiced and he weighs much less with same power. And that should never happen. A creme of the crop hypercar should be able to spank an average supercar at all times. And not just in the first few minutes. What you think?
All i know is i put 180 miles on the 918 and its the best car i ve ever driven. Its totally unbelievable. All of these people w opinions about the car. Have u ever driven one. If u have not u cant possible comprehend what the car is. Its just not explainable.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:26 AM
boyko23
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 918man
All i know is i put 180 miles on the 918 and its the best car i ve ever driven. Its totally unbelievable. All of these people w opinions about the car. Have u ever driven one. If u have not u cant possible comprehend what the car is. Its just not explainable.

An extended owners report will be much appreciated.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:19 AM
Kulak
Track Day

Originally Posted by neanicu
Before bothering replying to such a stupid thread you should check who kulak is : he had a different user name and got banned because of ridiculous posts,battering and insulting other members.
I did no such thing. I merely pointed out to the poor bastards that they had been had. That behind its glossy veneer, richie is quite hazardous. And not something worth having nor lusting after. And hence the give your money to the poor and you shall be saved in the ancient texts. And they became quite offended and a melee ensued.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:26 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by boyko23

An extended owners report will be much appreciated.
If I may

Quite simply..you feel as if you rule the world.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:43 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I did no such thing. I merely pointed out to the poor bastards that they had been had. That behind its glossy veneer, richie is quite hazardous. And not something worth having nor lusting after. And hence the give your money to the poor and you shall be saved in the ancient texts. And they became quite offended and a melee ensued.
Let me help you... OT is this way: https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic-81/ they love guys like you.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:55 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by 918man
I wish!!! Do some people really have a bad opinion about this car?

morons...

Quick Reply: Do the 918, La Ferrari, and P1 deserve creme de la creme status?