Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invitation: 959/CGT/918 to join the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM
SimeoneMuseum
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invitation: 959/CGT/918 to join the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum

Hello Rennlist Members,

My name is Joseph Chiaccio from the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia. We're home to one of the world's greatest collections of 65 racing sports cars, including our 1970 Porsche 917LH #917-043, aka the "Hippie". Through our theme, "The Spirit of Competition", we celebrate the history and evolution of these magnificent machines.

We are planning a special first-of-its-kind exhibit entitled "Supercars at the Simeone" during the month of April to kick off the 2015 season. We are currently seeking several Porsches to join this exhibit, to take their rightful place among the world's top supercars, as well as our collection:

959, Carrera GT and 918

We'd love to speak with Owners and/or Dealers who may be interested in displaying their car for this exhibit. Yours would be the first of its kind ever to be shown on display here, and we would be honored to have it.

If you'd like to learn more about displaying your car in this special exhibit, my contact info is below. Additional information for general admission and ticketing to follow shortly.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiaccio
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
supercars@simeonemuseum.org
Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Very cool. If you have not been to this Museum then you seriously need to. It is low key and the cars are off the hook. Unmolested and unrestored in many cases. A true museum of historic racing cars.

Glad to see the welcoming of the newer supercars from the foundation.

The hippie is hands down the best 917 I have seen. So cool in person.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:46 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

+1

Have been to Simeone half dozen times...love it
Every time I'm in Philly I go there
Real museum with real cars.

Bill

Quick Reply: Invitation: 959/CGT/918 to join the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum