Sponsored by:

Carrera GT rear wing problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:07 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Carrera GT rear wing problems

I recently started having problems with the rear wing on my '05 CGT. It deploys without problems but was getting "hung up" on the passenger side when retracting. This happens both when driving down the road (when slowing under 75 mph) or when using the down switch in the cabin. If someone puts finger pressure on the wing while it's going down, it does not feel like the hydraulic piston or bushings on the guide rods are binding. The hydraulic pump works fine. We think there is an air bubble in the system. I would like to bleed the system but need technical advice. There are two bleeder nipples on the accumulator in the back of the engine bay on the passenger side. The pump is on the driver side with the fluid reservoir.

1. Does anyone have a step by step procedure for bleeding the system? Perhaps someone could forward or post the instructions from a technical service manual.

2. What is the hydraulic fluid that is in the system? Porsche specific?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:32 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 78 Posts

One other question....where is the fuse or relay that turns off the wing hydraulic pump? My owners manual has zero info on fuses other than where the fuse boxes are located (driver's footwell and engine bay). No diagram. I want to disable the system till I have time to fix it.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT rear wing problems