Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014 | 02:11 AM
heynow
Advanced

meant to say liquid metal silver for mine :P
Old 11-16-2014 | 02:59 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

@Superquant: Just read you ordered one Come on, give us what config you have in mind!
Old 11-16-2014 | 04:31 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
@Superquant: Just read you ordered one Come on, give us what config you have in mind!
Indeed! in the nick of time .. according to dealer I was one of the last TWO that DavidD locked in. I am going to give up my 458 Speciale which will arrive next month to make place for it - tell me if its worth it since you have both!

i am thinking either basalt black (like my cgt, and your 918), dark blue, or perhaps sapphire. Black looks amazing on this car but I feel like this would be an opportunity to do something more unusual perhaps. On 845k car the PTS charge is not terrible and if I can find something in the approved list I might indulge.

I think i will do the standard car although I am not sure. Satin grey finished standard wheels or perhaps the mag wheels .. that is real weight savings, but the cost is horrific. Ideas welcome on other options. I know I want the matte finish carbon / anti glare.
Old 11-16-2014 | 11:12 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superquant
Indeed! in the nick of time .. according to dealer I was one of the last TWO that DavidD locked in. I am going to give up my 458 Speciale which will arrive next month to make place for it - tell me if its worth it since you have both!

i am thinking either basalt black (like my cgt, and your 918), dark blue, or perhaps sapphire. Black looks amazing on this car but I feel like this would be an opportunity to do something more unusual perhaps. On 845k car the PTS charge is not terrible and if I can find something in the approved list I might indulge.

I think i will do the standard car although I am not sure. Satin grey finished standard wheels or perhaps the mag wheels .. that is real weight savings, but the cost is horrific. Ideas welcome on other options. I know I want the matte finish carbon / anti glare.

In the nick of time indeed. I had 2 friends who JUST missed out, they are now on the official wait list. If you are the 2nd last order to get locked in, then I guess you have a choice of 2 car #s then haha.

FYI, I am giving up a Speciale A in addition to the current Speciale. The Speciale will go when my interim F12 arrives in Dec, the one I ordered won't arrive till April, and I turned down the offer for the Speciale A simply because it and the 918 will be 2 of the same, nothing the Speciale A can do the 918 can't do better.

Yes the Speciale feels 'raw', but after a few months I think it's too raw, a bit one dimensional raw. The 918 can be as raw as the Speciale, my Weissach car didn't have the insulation added back in, so it is nosier than the standard car and will have that raw feel. But it can also be very civilized especially in electric mode and the comfort level is on par with say a F12, the 918 seat will be tighter fit and the back is fixed but that's about it.

It's your choice whatever version you want to go with, initially I went with standard car too but I ended up changing to Weissach car. The price hike is a good chunk of change, but if I added up all the stuff that costs extra on the standard car, the difference is only a few thousands for that you get the extra rear winglet, the carbon finish windshield surround and the lighter interior stuff like brackets and screws. Everything that's deleted on the Weissach car can be added back on at no charge, and I mean EVERYTHING. I even had the front hood gas strut added back instead of the carbon prop rod on the Weissach car.

If I were to do again, I might have picked the dark blue metallic over basalt black. That colour really is the best stock colour for the 918.

The matted dash can be CXXed to retain the coloured trim strip, acid green or silver piping, instead of the plain black carbon.

With the 918 purchase, now you get 1st dib at everything Porsche makes for the next 10 years, 1st one comes to mind is the next GT3RS, get your name in for one even if you don't actually want it, you won't lose money that's for sure. The other good bet could be the Cayman GT4, it's also coming very soon.

Quite a few of us have done the factory production line trip now, if you are interested in doing it we can all help you get it done. Do not trust PCNA, a few here have horror stories for you We can get you in touch with Germany direct for your needs.

I know someone whose car PCNA 'lost' track of, he got so fed up with them he cancelled the car, and was offered a full refund. His car arrived at the dealership last week and the dealer called him to come and have a look at the car first before the car get put up for sale, he ended up taking delivery.

As for wheels, the HRE P101s that's on the SEMA show car is an option, those are even lighter than the magnesium wheels, but I heard there might be issues. I am still investigating. I like those a lot and I might still ended up getting a set.
Old 11-19-2014 | 12:18 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

In the nick of time indeed. I had 2 friends who JUST missed out, they are now on the official wait list. If you are the 2nd last order to get locked in, then I guess you have a choice of 2 car #s then haha.

FYI, I am giving up a Speciale A in addition to the current Speciale. The Speciale will go when my interim F12 arrives in Dec, the one I ordered won't arrive till April, and I turned down the offer for the Speciale A simply because it and the 918 will be 2 of the same, nothing the Speciale A can do the 918 can't do better.

Yes the Speciale feels 'raw', but after a few months I think it's too raw, a bit one dimensional raw. The 918 can be as raw as the Speciale, my Weissach car didn't have the insulation added back in, so it is nosier than the standard car and will have that raw feel. But it can also be very civilized especially in electric mode and the comfort level is on par with say a F12, the 918 seat will be tighter fit and the back is fixed but that's about it.

It's your choice whatever version you want to go with, initially I went with standard car too but I ended up changing to Weissach car. The price hike is a good chunk of change, but if I added up all the stuff that costs extra on the standard car, the difference is only a few thousands for that you get the extra rear winglet, the carbon finish windshield surround and the lighter interior stuff like brackets and screws. Everything that's deleted on the Weissach car can be added back on at no charge, and I mean EVERYTHING. I even had the front hood gas strut added back instead of the carbon prop rod on the Weissach car.

If I were to do again, I might have picked the dark blue metallic over basalt black. That colour really is the best stock colour for the 918.

The matted dash can be CXXed to retain the coloured trim strip, acid green or silver piping, instead of the plain black carbon.

With the 918 purchase, now you get 1st dib at everything Porsche makes for the next 10 years, 1st one comes to mind is the next GT3RS, get your name in for one even if you don't actually want it, you won't lose money that's for sure. The other good bet could be the Cayman GT4, it's also coming very soon.

Quite a few of us have done the factory production line trip now, if you are interested in doing it we can all help you get it done. Do not trust PCNA, a few here have horror stories for you We can get you in touch with Germany direct for your needs.

I know someone whose car PCNA 'lost' track of, he got so fed up with them he cancelled the car, and was offered a full refund. His car arrived at the dealership last week and the dealer called him to come and have a look at the car first before the car get put up for sale, he ended up taking delivery.

As for wheels, the HRE P101s that's on the SEMA show car is an option, those are even lighter than the magnesium wheels, but I heard there might be issues. I am still investigating. I like those a lot and I might still ended up getting a set.
Great download! Thanks. A few thoughts:

1) Color: Dark Metallic Blue is likely going to be my play, black interior, acid green piping

2) Wheels: I am debating adding the magnesium wheels to base car and am wondering if they will be available for purchase from porsche parts after the fact, in which case I may just chill with the stock ones in the darker platinum finish. Also those HRE seem like a good alternate and stash the stock wheels.

3) VIP: Acknowledged on the RS .. I had not really been keeping my eye on the GT4 but it seems like it is going to be great. In reality I am not trying to buy any more cars for the next 12 months and I literally have no room!

4) Euro Delivery: Why no one seems to be doing this? I am thinking of doing leipzig delivery since it will likely be june or july. Weather great and seems like a once in a lifetime thing to do ..

5) Factory tour to see floor is something I would love to do, doesn't necessarily matter if my own car or not to be honest .. I just want to see the process!
Old 11-19-2014 | 02:51 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

The magnesium wheels has to be available from the parts counter, there has to be a way to order replacement wheels

I had been waiting for my car for so long, I didn't want to add any more time for it to arrive here, plus with my delivery windows so late, the weather is just not nice. But your timing will be perfect.

Since you want to see the the process, why not see your own car? But then again it will also mean you will be making 2 trips there within a month of so if you are doing European delivery.

Originally Posted by superquant
Great download! Thanks. A few thoughts:

1) Color: Dark Metallic Blue is likely going to be my play, black interior, acid green piping

2) Wheels: I am debating adding the magnesium wheels to base car and am wondering if they will be available for purchase from porsche parts after the fact, in which case I may just chill with the stock ones in the darker platinum finish. Also those HRE seem like a good alternate and stash the stock wheels.

3) VIP: Acknowledged on the RS .. I had not really been keeping my eye on the GT4 but it seems like it is going to be great. In reality I am not trying to buy any more cars for the next 12 months and I literally have no room!

4) Euro Delivery: Why no one seems to be doing this? I am thinking of doing leipzig delivery since it will likely be june or july. Weather great and seems like a once in a lifetime thing to do ..

5) Factory tour to see floor is something I would love to do, doesn't necessarily matter if my own car or not to be honest .. I just want to see the process!
Old 11-20-2014 | 02:32 AM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

My old man isn't much of a Rennlister…. but he confirmed his order a number of weeks ago for a 918.

Not sure what #

Sapphire Blue Metallic / Acid Green trim

Weissach Package w/out Mag wheels.

He's been quoted a Fall 2015 delivery.
Old 11-20-2014 | 11:55 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

The count is up to 17 now, thanks guys. Keep em coming.
Old 11-20-2014 | 06:22 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

The magnesium wheels has to be available from the parts counter, there has to be a way to order replacement wheels
9183621630288Z - Front
9183621890488Z - Rear
Retail for a set from the parts counter: $59,099.46 US
Old 11-20-2014 | 06:39 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
9183621630288Z - Front 9183621890488Z - Rear Retail for a set from the parts counter:
ONLY$59,099.46 US

A Macan S loaded!
Old 11-21-2014 | 01:47 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

9183621630288Z - Front
9183621890488Z - Rear

Holy ****!

Even with standard 15% discount that still comes to 50k.

My advise is to order the magnesium wheels with the original order, even buying a second set of aftermarket wheels is still cheaper together than buying a replacement set from Porsche.
Old 11-21-2014 | 09:54 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

9183621630288Z - Front
9183621890488Z - Rear
are you trolling me!?

that is mental ..
Old 11-21-2014 | 06:52 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Wtdoom
918 spec

Weissach pack
Flat black
painted roof and rear spoiler
Door handles , stereo, glovebox, sound deadening and front bonnet struts added back
Bottom of door still in carbon ( no pockets )
Black leather interior
Shiny carbon not matt
Black piping
918/ e hybrid badges removed
918 stitches removed from headrests
Burmester
Lift kit
Photo book
Coming home function
Collection in germanybwith track driving/tuition
Full luggage kit
Custom key
Custom key holder
Black calipers ( to be done at Porsche Zentrum reading after delivery)and a couple of other bits I have probably forgotten

In short exactly like my Cgt even the number is 167 to the cgt's 1167

In build finished next friday !
Old 11-22-2014 | 12:53 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wtdoom
Wtdoom
918 spec

Weissach pack
Flat black
painted roof and rear spoiler
Door handles , stereo, glovebox, sound deadening and front bonnet struts added back
Bottom of door still in carbon ( no pockets )
Black leather interior
Shiny carbon not matt
Black piping
918/ e hybrid badges removed
918 stitches removed from headrests
Burmester
Lift kit
Photo book
Coming home function
Collection in germanybwith track driving/tuition
Full luggage kit
Custom key
Custom key holder
Black calipers ( to be done at Porsche Zentrum reading after delivery)and a couple of other bits I have probably forgotten

In short exactly like my Cgt even the number is 167 to the cgt's 1167

In build finished next friday !

Holysmoke your car is all black insisde and out. Like a Batmobile!!!

Painting the windshield surround and mirrors too?

You are the 1st one I know who paints the carbon bits on the Weissach car.

Congrats to you for seeing the end of your journey.
Old 11-22-2014 | 12:47 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Holysmoke your car is all black insisde and out. Like a Batmobile!!!

Painting the windshield surround and mirrors too?

You are the 1st one I know who paints the carbon bits on the Weissach car.

Congrats to you for seeing the end of your journey.
I left the wheels in bright colour , I think I was the first to paint carbon bits and put back the couple of kg sound deadening ( I have damaged eardrums ) . Mirrors and surround black too but I won't be able to go to the factory and see her being built

Quick Reply: Official Rennlist 918 Registry