Sponsored by:

CGT radiator protection

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 AM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default CGT radiator protection

Is there some kind of screen or such for the front radiator openings. Looks like a tender spot to leave unprotected. Maybe it's not a big problem, but I've noticed a few small deformatoins in the cooling fins. Anyone have any issues with debris puncturing a radiator?
Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 AM
bojali
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

(https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...t-screens.html)

if that doesn't work check the archives for: 4 year service and adding front screens
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the solution is to this, I have the radiator cover grills attached to the front apron and whilst it stops big objects hitting the radiators small debris does get in. I replaced one radiator last year due to a small leak and have just been advised that both front side radiators have pin size coolant leaks. It looks to be from debris rather than corrosion.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 AM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best ones are made by porche Zentrum reading(uk) . I have them on mine they are brilliant . Fit inside , no damage and look very oem .
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wtdoom
The best ones are made by porche Zentrum reading(uk) . I have them on mine they are brilliant . Fit inside , no damage and look very oem .
I think I have the same, I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony_Vince
I think I have the same, I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
These I guess if they were fitted by Reading. Quite surprised you have had radiator damage with them as the grilles are reasonably fine. Have had a few leaves and such go through but nothing major so far fingers crossed.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Thanks everyone. That is just what I am looking for.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:33 AM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

If running over something so small you can't even tell you hit something, that is a design defect. Take it to the dealer you got it from. I would be nice at first and see if they do the right thing, if not , take it up with Porsche again. It is worth having a lawyer write a letter (I know I am one). There are legal and other channels at PCNA you can pursue. If all else fails, let the dealer know that your experience with them will be posted all over the forums and we all read how they treat a fellow Porsche owner. This could've been any of us. If it truly is outside influence, then insurance should cover it. If all else fails, tell your insurance adjuster and service manager to speak and work it out b/w themselves, you don't care who covers it, but it is one or the other. Look for a lemon law lawyer, they are all over CA>
Old 04-15-2020, 11:30 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

I wouldn't consider it a design defect no more than a nail in a tire. Just a weak spot. Everything has weak spots, even chains. I'm sure the designers didn't deliberately design built-in defects. I'd rather fix something than take legal actions. Thanks for the advise though.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:11 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PJSD
If running over something so small you can't even tell you hit something, that is a design defect. Take it to the dealer you got it from. I would be nice at first and see if they do the right thing, if not , take it up with Porsche again. It is worth having a lawyer write a letter (I know I am one). There are legal and other channels at PCNA you can pursue. If all else fails, let the dealer know that your experience with them will be posted all over the forums and we all read how they treat a fellow Porsche owner. This could've been any of us. If it truly is outside influence, then insurance should cover it. If all else fails, tell your insurance adjuster and service manager to speak and work it out b/w themselves, you don't care who covers it, but it is one or the other. Look for a lemon law lawyer, they are all over CA>
I take it you enjoy writing Yelp reviews as well.
The following users liked this post:
regajohn (11-26-2020)

Quick Reply: CGT radiator protection